Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

I made gumpsgirl's recipe yesterday, for the first time- only difference was using AP flour and eggwash before slashing. I keaded in the KitchenAid, and made one larger loaf, one smaller loaf. Turned out as below, smaller loaf was gone last night, as garlic bread with a big pot of soup. Next time, bread flour with some WW flour.

Thank you soooo much gumps, great and easy recipe!
love.gif

ETA- Pretty cold and dry here- so I put it in the room with the incubator to rise!

14937_img_1882_2.jpg

Last edited:
I have gained 5 lbs. just by looking at the post.
gig.gif

I made Gump Bread tonight and formed it into little balls and let it rise on the warm oven and then we had the most wonderful rolls for supper tonight.....Everyone asked for 2 fromt he get-go. Then there was only one left to fight over.
lol.png
We had Shepherds Pie with the rolls. Yummy!!!!!

Quote:
I too also use wheat gluten in some recipes when I get a sense from the ingredience list if the dough will be heavy or dense, MP hit on a very good point as she often does about the yeast date, it is vital to check it. As I said before Iodized salt will kill yeast, so check your salt for iodine it is common in table salt and a vital nutrient that your body cannot produce, but not a friend to yeast.

AL

You all are doing great baking the bread! The pics all look wonderful and what you've all done sounds fabulous!
droolin.gif

Keep it up everyone!
thumbsup.gif

oh my goodness gracious!
Those cinnamon rolls were so goood! I sprinkled white sugar, a little brown sugar and a lot of cinnamon along with some chopped pecans on the rolled out dough and used the dental floss to cut it and baked it about 30 min's I frosted them with icing I made with 10x sugar a little butter and milk and a splash of vanilla.
Thanks GG

You are so very welcome!
smile.png

I have so much fun reading through these posts and seeing just how many of you are enjoying this bread!

Gump Bread! I like that name!

All Hail the new name of this Bread!

You have heard perhaps of
Wonder Bread
French Bread
Pita Bread.....

Ta-DAH!
Gump Bread!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom