Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Quote:
My pleasure!
smile.png
I've tried out a couple on the list and will continue until I've tried them all and now I'll make the bowls too.

RH :

I almost forgot, I did not answer your question on the braided loaf, on how to braid. You ladies should be much better at this than I. Decide if you want a 3 or 4 strand braid, cut the dough into 3 or 4 equal parts, and roll between you hands until are are a uniform length and size at least 13"-15" long. Start at one end by gathering them together, pinch lightly and braid it as you would your own hair braids, staying not to tight. pinch and tuck the ends so they look full and rounded. easy peezy. let rise and bake. Be prepared as this technic will bedazzle your guest, it is the most attractive of all I think.

AL

I am jumping on the Gump Bread bandwagon. Mine is currently rising on top of the stove.
smile.png
It already smells so delicious (I love anything involving yeast...mmmm).

One is going to be plain, and the other is going to be parmesan with "Tuscany Blend" Italian bread dipping seasoning (sundried tomato and basil) inside. I'm going to brush both loaves with a simple egg wash before baking. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I'll post some pics when it's all done! Can't wait!

Update #1: Here is the bread, ready to go into the oven.

9280_gump_bread_--_before.jpg

Update #2: All done! I brushed it with melted butter after I took this picture. Now it's resting for 10 minutes. DH wants to taste it. Badly.

I couldn't believe how easy this was! I feel like a real chef!
smile.png

9280_gump_bread_--_after.jpg

Update #3: The taste test... I am sold on this recipe. This was so yummy and chewy and delicious...I love the subtle salt flavor. Hold me back before I gorge myself on the entire loaf!

I am taking the Italian one over to my MIL's house for dinner this afternoon. I can't wait to try it.
smile.png
smile.png

Look at you! Great job, Lisa! I am baking today too. I have a italian version of this rising and my stepdaughter ased for a plain loaf for something for school.

The raw sugar has a richer flavor. Not one you would notice right off but you do get used to it and then when something isn't made with raw sugar you go, "Oh! I know! No raw sugar." LOL

Now I want to know how to make calzones with this recipe... DH loves pizza any way he can get it. I see calzones with fresh pepperoni, capricola, ham (and mushrooms in mine!) in our future.

Back
Top Bottom