Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Quote:
OH :
You are right on all fronts, sometimes I double bake, but my DW loves it this way for breakfast, I give her what makes her happy. Yes I also do the two types of chocolate when for special guest mainly & Christmas time. this one also has a few drops of pure Anise extract in it for a hint of licorice, just like my Gramma used to make.

AL

Quote:
OK MP,, Shoving it through the monitor screen now!!! just for you my dear LOL LOL. Open wide---
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

AL

10364_img_0121.jpg

This one makes me think of Pac-Man!
lau.gif
(I blame my DH, the video game geek...)

AL, will you start a biscotti thread and teach us how to make that? Do you have a chocolate biscotti recipe?
droolin.gif
(PLEASE?!
big_smile.png
)

EDIT: I totally missed you said it was going in your cookbook. I'd love an e-mail or PM if you're willing to share.
smile.png

Quote:
yeah! and how did you make the rolls??!
big_smile.png
i BET your sausage will go great on them!....
droolin.gif

RH :

The rolls are pretty easy, after the first rise cut the dough into a size that will roll into a ball about the size of a small tennis ball. your form the roll by gently pinching and stretching it under itself. this makes the top of the roll smooth, set them on your baking sheetabout 1 1/2" apart, let rise fully and I mean fully, they will end up touching slightly. just before baking spritze heavily with water, then again at 15 min.

The roll will have that thin firm crust, with a chewy crumb, it is just like a Bavarian bratwurst roll from Germany. you will love it.

AL

MP :

I see you changed your cool hairdo again, Wonder Women was pretty cool.

AL

Henry'schickens :

GG, got a double
thumbsup.gif
from my DD. The only complaint was,,,,,, she wants the cinnamon rolls to be BIGGER!!!
smile.png

lol.png
Well... I guess you better make them bigger next time!
wink.png

Glad you like the recipe.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom