Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

GG or anyone else,
Have you ever put your dough in the freezer after the first rise and shaped? I'm not an early riser(morning person) so I thought I could make the dough, rise, then make into cinnamon rolls and freeze at that point. I can have my hubby get them out of the freezer when he wakes up (He is an early riser) thaw and rise and bake. Will that work? It is soooo much better when it just comes out of the oven rather than reheating. I do freeze dough but have never done it with this recipe/cinnamon rolls. Suggestions?

Henry'schickens :

GG or anyone else,
Have you ever put your dough in the freezer after the first rise and shaped? I'm not an early riser(morning person) so I thought I could make the dough, rise, then make into cinnamon rolls and freeze at that point. I can have my hubby get them out of the freezer when he wakes up (He is an early riser) thaw and rise and bake. Will that work? It is soooo much better when it just comes out of the oven rather than reheating. I do freeze dough but have never done it with this recipe/cinnamon rolls. Suggestions?

ooh good idea!!! i hope someone can answer you!
fl.gif

Emergency! Walked away from my bread while it was in the kitchen aid kneading. Long story but it ended up in there over 8 minutes and was a gloppy mess? Anything I can do with it??

Henry'schickens :

GG or anyone else,

I do that with my cinnamon roll recipe all the time. You can also thaw them out overnight in the fridge which is what I do.

It also works to make them and leave them in the fridge overnight.

I've got my cinnamon roll recipe listed in the recipe index. It's called sticky buns.​

Last edited:
Today I made wheat bread with this recipe. I found a brand of wheat flour that was already mixed 50/50 so I bought the bag and made one plain wheat and the other one I made a garlic and herb loaf. WOW.
3tblsp. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. ground savory
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp rubbed sage
1/2 tsp oregano
and because I liked MP's idea with the crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp of that, too.
1 tsp chopped garlic.
mixed all that up with the melted butter and spread on the dough before I rolled it up. ooh-boy

Still waiting to see if we saved the white batch.....thanks Miss Jane!!

Last edited:
This recipe will NOT hold up long after the first rise. I know this by experience. Ask gumpsgirl. This is a make and use it type of recipe.

Back
Top Bottom