Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

I have always used the silicone cookie sheets on a metal sheet .. I dont know why it ould do that though.. Gald your bread did well though.. I did the cinnamon rolls with the gump bread last night and they are amazing...

Quote:
They are quite tasty, aren't they?!?!
droolin.gif

alabama49 - I don't generally use a silicone liner or cookie sheet, so I don't know what to tell you there. I have used one, but it didn't do what yours did. Glad your bread turned out good though!
smile.png

OMG!!!!
this was the best homemade bread i've ever eaten
i made two batches one for the bread and one for the cinnamon rolls
told my husband they were just as good as pillsberry he says thye were better
so thanks alot for the recipes

Oh my gosh! This bread is GREAT and it is so easy. My loaf doesn't look very pretty but it's tastes so good. We made this bread and some homemade butter this evening. We even took some of the homemade buuter and added honey to it. Bread and butter both took under 1 1/2 hours to make. Your kids will think your amazing when you give them a bite of this hot bread with homemade honey butter.
I didn't have bread flour so I used All P flour

8175_dscf2962.jpg

Last edited:
I've been making this from the Wooden Spoon Bread Book. I love experimenting with breads, both yeasts and sour doughs. My kids proclaim that I need to stop experimenting and only make this one! It has a lovely flour, and texture. I'd love to try a sandwich with a loaf, but there's never any left the next day. I fix one loaf for supper and the other half I make into dessert. Gone in less time than it takes to make it! LOL!

I showed my eldest DD how to bake gump bread yesterday. We made bread and cinnamon rolls. They were the bomb! She has never baked before so she was excited to learn and what a great recipe to learn from. Hurray for
cancan.gif
Gump Bread
cancan.gif

charmed one - I'm so glad to hear that it worked out so well! BTW, I loved the dancing smilies!
smile.png

Southerngirl - Have fun making it! It is super easy to make and oh so good to eat!
tongue.png

I just had to say..I have been making gump bread for several months..made some to go with spaghetti last night..ummm..this morning needed something to eat before taking med...sliced a piece, added a little butter, tossed in the ole cast iron skillet...the best toast I have ever had!!! especially with homemade grape jelly!!!

thanks for this recipe!!!..
love.gif

Glad you like it!

Now try rolling the dough out and sprinkle some cheddar cheese on the dough before you roll it up. Then you let rise and bake just like you to the regular. It's become one of our favorites here! It's also good with some italian seasoning sprinkled in with the cheese.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom