Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

I made it for the first time yesterday and it was wonderful! Very easy to make, doesn't take alot of time, turns out so yummy. I did use my KitchenAid with the dough hook, which saved my poor hands and it was just quick and easy and great. I do have a bread machine but that takes 4 hours to finish a loaf.

G.G..... Yes its that time again for Gumps bread.
I was having a thought about how tasty it is and time for the kitchen to be smelling again of B.r.e.a.d.
clap.gif

Quote:
Yep! It's time again! I've been making it for the last 3 wks. now that the weather has cooled enough that it won't heat my kitchen up so badly.
tongue.png

Almost baking time again. I don't do it in the summer, gets the house too hot. Now I need a refill of propane.........

We had company over the weekend and of course, I made G.B. Everyone was impressed with the bread..especially my nineteen year old grandson. I made both loaves with Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese in them.
droolin.gif
I love how versatile this bread is..
thumbsup.gif

Me too! It is so versatile and so easy to make!

Try rolling some of it out like a pizza, add cheddar cheese, tomatoes, italian seasoning, and pepperoni if you like it then bake flat. That is soooo yummy too!
tongue.png

Ok, I just went through the all the pages of this thread and got some good ideas for variations! Thanks one and all!

But what about soft breadsticks??? Like the breadsticks served at that "Garden" Italian restaurant chain? I think this bread might make very good soft breadsticks! Mix some Italian herbs and Parmesan cheese in the dough, brush with some melted butter with crushed garlic added? What do ya think?

I'm going to try this soon - will post pics if the experiment turns out. I've been selling my homemade breads at a small local farmers' market and selling out almost every Saturday. I've made Gump's bread for myself and now it's time to share it with my customers!

Back
Top Bottom