Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Yummy! That sounds soooo good!
tongue.png

I said calzones, I MEANT Stomboli! You know with riccotta cheese, parmesan cheese & mozzerella and pepperoni? I had red sauce on the side.
Made me very popular with my men folk!

I'm giving this a go today - threw all into the breadmaker to mix the dough for me, I'll then bake in the oven.

The kids are helping, I'll make one loaf and then let them make bread rolls with the other half.

tongue.png
I'm thinking this would make lovely soup bowls, I'll see how it turns out if it could perhaps hold soup. My son loves those bread soup bowls!

Last edited:
Quote:
If you do that, wont you have to brush the outside with something (eggwhite/ water) to get a hard crust for the bowl to hold the soup? Let me know what you did and how it turned out. I love that too especially with French onion soup.
droolin.gif

Henry'schickens :

Quote:
If you do that, wont you have to brush the outside with something (eggwhite/ water) to get a hard crust for the bowl to hold the soup? Let me know what you did and how it turned out. I love that too especially with French onion soup.
droolin.gif

I'm sure you would - the outside of those bowls are really crusty and hard. My son's fav soup is clam chowder - he'd eat that every day if he could!
gig.gif

sad.png
I think my yeast is dead. (exp date Sep 09)

I'm trying another batch to see if its different, otherwise I'll have to wait till I go shopping again
barnie.gif

It looks alot better - but the dough is very sticky - there was no way I was going to be able to roll it, so I just slapped it on a baking sheet and we'll see.
gig.gif

Next time I'll add more flour - I'm all out now, and I do need fresh yeast!

EDIT to add: It turned out ok, but the bread is very dense, I think its the yeast being too old - bummer!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom