Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

quick question i just made the bread recipe and its riseing now ..this makes 2 lofaves if i just want to cook one how do i store the other dough??

mental note: need to buy a mixer..my hands hurt
th.gif

I would wrap tightly in saran wrap-no air bubbles. Refrigerate a couple of days in the coldest place in fridge or freeze after over wrapping in paper and foil.

Now I can see how sometimes you just can't get a pic...too busy eating!!!!!!!
gig.gif
Here is the bread I made this afternoon. Well seasoned dough and then sausage and cheese rolled up in the bread. Oh, my goodness, I put some Pesto sauce on the slices and my dh said to me-" this is why I don't like eating at Pizza Hut or the other places anymore, they just don't compare to your breads".
love.gif
What a wonderful thing to say to me. Gumpsbread is the best and most versatile recipe listed on BYC!
1280_dsc04768.jpg

No, sorry to say, I have only one plant in my kitchen window of basil and didn't want to strip the entire plant. LOL It is from a jar. I got a jar to try as we have never had it before and have been wanting to try it. It is amazing on the hot bread
droolin.gif

well this worked out perfect:p 2nd one is cooking now!!! my 4 year old is stuffing his face with the first one and i have butter on my key board!! this was my first time makeing bread ..

this post cought my eye because of some one had made pizzia bread with it ..so i wanted to stuff mine with spinach ,mushroom pepperoni with a light tomato sauce for dipping.im going to make that tomarow!!

Oh my, Ozark Hen, that sausage version looks fabulous!

Here's my first shot at making Gump Bread. What a lovely, simple and delicious recipe!

I used my new stand mixer w/dough hook. I decided to go with a cheese & everything version. After rolling out the dough, I sprinkled with finely grated cheddar and a homemade everything mix (dried garlic, dried red pepper, grill seasoning, poppyseeds and sesame seeds). Then I sprinkled more everything mix on top before baking.

gumpbread1.jpg

and sliced

gumpbread2.jpg

Last edited:
I made cinnamon raisin today, and the sausage/cheese bread. My family thanks you all. I had to hide it to save for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom