Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

I made gump bread and cinnamon rolls for the first time today! It is SO GOOD!!
droolin.gif

So much better then my bread machine!

Took two loaves of gumpsbread made into sausage/cheese bread to church dinner this morning with a bowl of pesto sauce to put on the bread. Most had never had pesto before and everyone raved over the bread! I love how you can turn this bread into anything you want!

This recipe is so quick and easy. I had seen the recipe several times and decided to make it last week. I have made a batch every day for the past week. Now I need to get flour and yeast. lol It is so good. Made one batch rolled up with pepperoni, parmesian cheese, and Italian seasonings. It was gone in about 2 minutes. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Thank you so much for the recipe! Joy

I made that bread yesterday. The first loaf was gone in a matter of hours. Just leave it out, and everyone eats chunks off here and there. Fabulous!!!
ya.gif
Thank you so much. It is even easier than this recipe we have, titled: 'The Easiest Loaf of Bread You'll Ever Bake".
gig.gif
I've never really made it, but the recipe looks allot harder. Thanks!
hugs.gif

I cannot wait to make this bread - it looks amazing!! Right now I am sick in bed, so I will have to dream and plan until I get back into the kitchen. Has anyone tried using a little salt water to baste onto the bread when baking? I did this on my second bread attempt and the crust came out really nice and crisp with a good flavor. Might be worth a shot. I basted it before putting it in the oven, and once again about 1/2 way through the baking time. Bon Appetite!!!

Quote:
I saw a recipe on either Flylady or the frugal website where you take a chunk of it, probably about the size of a walnut, after the first raise, cut a precooked sausage link in a piece and roll the dough around it. Let it rise and bake. Doesn't that sound just great, and I don't even care for sausage that much . . .great take along breakfast!!!!

Mmmm- egg and butter!!! I am going to try that when I make my gump bread - I Love butter!!!!
smile.png
I bet the egg wash makes a nice shiny top, eh?

Back
Top Bottom