Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Quote:
How do you do that? I'd like to try making this, but I don't want to make two loaves. At what point do you put the dough in the freezer?

Also, I haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone know if there's mention in here of making it in a bread machine?

I make the full recipe. Do the first rise. Then divide the dough in half and shape into loaves. At that point I wrap one in plastic wrap then foil. The other half I proceed on with the second rise and bake.

When I want the second loaf, I get it out around noon on the day I want to bake it and let it thaw and rise for dinner.
I dont think it is as good as the first loaf but convenient for those hectic days.

Where is the recipe for the cinnamon rolls? I went to the index, and clicked on cinnamon roll, and it brought me to this thread, but I cant find the recipe here? Its gotta be here somewhere....

Quote:
For tyhe Cinnamon rolls follow all the other directions but when you are mixing your dry ingredients add 2or so tablespoons of cinnamon to the dry mix.. Then when you roll out the dough spread with soft butter add a layer of brown sugar, and a layer of cinnamon.. For the Icing i use sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar and about a teas. of Vannila.. I just mix it together into a smooth thick icing and cover your rolls ..

Ooooooh, thank you, I think that will definitely work. Rainy crappy miserablely cold day today, perfect day to experiment with some Gump bread.

Quote:
I just did the half to try out the recipe this afternoon; on the second rise and looking great. In fact, my last 4 homemade bread attempts have flopped horrendously (after a beautiful first batch, beginners luck?). Now I found bread victory with this recipe!
celebrate.gif
Just whipped up another full batch for cinny rolls
droolin.gif

Thanks Gumps Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have saved my bread-making endeavors!!!

Quote:
Your gonna love em.. I have to bring these eveytime I go to my cousins ... She wont even open the door unless she smells em first....

Never ever ever have I done anything like bread ....
hide.gif

Mine is in the oven now ...
ep.gif

Well, I'll have to join you guys and try this bread. Everyone raves so much it must be great! Hopefully later this week as we are cleaning carpets, etc.

I've made this bread 4 times in the last week. I've been reading the posts about it for weeks and I had to try it!!! Well, let me just say that it is the best..I make mine into bread bowls for Chili and Beef Stew and ofcourse the cinnamon rolls.DD asks me everyday afterschool if I made "the bread" today....Thank you so much for the recipe.

Well, I've been wanting fried dough for quite awhile and decided to use Gump Bread to make it. It was very nice dough to work with! Handles well, rises fast. Nice and smooth. I cut of balls and rolled flat, then fried them on both sides. I usually eat it sprinkled with sugar or sugar/cinnamon but the guys decided to try it with parm cheese and said it was good that way too. They were talking about putting on some pizza sauce, meat and cheese and melt it. I also tried it with caramel apple jam and it was great. Some people also put pie filling on it. No pics as we ate it too fast.

Back
Top Bottom