Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

I made Gump bread this past weekend, added a cup of whole wheat flour to it. Made sandwhich rolls and froze them, they turned out fabulous! Next up is cinnamon rolls, probably this weekend. And maybe a loaf of that sausage bread too. I wonder if I could add egg to it? I think if you just pour raw egg on the raw bread and rolled it up, it would be ewwww.....but Im thinking if Id cook some scrambled eggs first, then add them with the cooked sausage, cheese, and rolled it up and baked it, that it would work. Any ideas?

Quote:
My mom's family always made fried bread. I have an uncle who's favorite topping for it was peanut butter. I always liked it with just plain butter.

hey Halo..I haven't tried the sausage bread with the gump recipe yet..but I used another (much harder) recipe and I added cooked scrambled eggs..turned out great..I took it to my Sunday School class of 3rd graders..they loved it...so I think it would work great....(if you like stromboli..it is wonderful and so easy using gump recipe..try it!!)

Quote:
I haven't tried that, but boy it sounds good! What do you have to loose in trying?!?!

Be sure to post your results.
smile.png

I made it again....this time I rolled it out and put a layer of sliced ham and swiss cheese and rolled it up,let it rise again and baked it for 30min.It turned out so GOOD....I think this is becoming a habit....
big_smile.png

Last night for dinner I made whole wheat honey dough with your recipe,it was once again a real hit! goat cheese, yum!
8175_dscf3022.jpg

I had 1/2 left over and today after school we made gumpsgirl cinnamon sugar bread. It was SOOOO good..
bun.gif

8175_gump_bread_afterschool_snak_003.jpg

8175_gump_bread_afterschool_snak_001.jpg

8175_gump_bread_afterschool_snak_007.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom