Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

ok.. quick question.. Just made another loaf of the gump bread, italian style version
smile.png

My question is: Can I let it sit on its second rise until I am ready to put it in the oven? What I mean is, I want my hubby to taste it while it is fresh out of the oven, but that wont be for another 2 hours.. It is currently on its second rise, covered, on a bakind sheet..

ok.. since no one responded to my plea for help, I will let everyone know what I did..
I put the bread in the fridge Until I was ready to bake it.. I let it sit for 5-10 minutes near the stove so It could come back to room temp. Then just plopped it in the oven for the specified time.. Worked like a charm
smile.png

I'm so sorry I missed your question! I have been so busy lately, I've had little time for myself and the things that I enjoy doing.

Glad to hear that it all worked out okay for you.
thumbsup.gif

Here is the bread:

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

While it was rolled out I spread an even layer of minced garlic, parmesan cheese, and italian seasonings
This was a half recipe.. I used 1 1/2 cup bread flour and 1 cup of whole wheat.
smile.png

mikenandrea says : ok.. quick question.. Just made another loaf of the gump bread, italian style version

see i told you so!!!!
pop.gif

Last edited:
That looks fabulous!!!

We did cinnamon rolls here Sunday morning. It's raison bread for breakfast here tomorrow.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom