Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Wanna know what else is SO yummy??
Take your bread and make the recipe for the cinni/raisin buns.... EXCEPT... DO NOT cut into rolls...
just bake the cinni bread whole..like a regular loaf... THEN.... when it cools... (we usually do it the next morning..)
you slice the baked cinni bread into french bread thick slices... dip in egg mixture for french bread... and make french bread as usual... butter and syrup on top...
ooooh yum!
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I do that all the time. I always make one cinnamon loaf and one regular if I'm doing white bread. So good. We had french toast made from the cinn bread just the other day.

mikenandrea ..what are you up too 6 loafs?? your so hooked on the gump!!
pop.gif

P.S. i make mine with spinach mushroom olive cheese..and i make the calzone pepperoni and mushroom cheese!!!

the trick i found with the spinach is to heat it up in a pot (spinach only)
add salt, pepper, BUTTER and more BUTTER, garlic powder (all your trying to do is Seasoning the spiniach)

pre make this way befor you make bread. this needs to be cold befor you roll it in the dough..if not your going to end up with a mess.. trust me i know!!

i might try the cinnamon rolls this weekend
bow.gif

Last edited:
I just tried my first Gump Bread ~ so far so good. I should have only put one loaf in the oven at a time. Can't wait to taste it! I will let everyone know.

I made a pan of cinnamon rolls for the other teachers at my school as a thank you for helping me administer the ACT yesterday. They were gone in about 2 minutes. I'm fairly sure someone may have licked the pan.

I have Gump bread rising, but instead of bread flour I used stone ground whole wheat flour. I started with 4 cups and added just a bit more until it cleaned the bowl using my KitchenAid mixer with dough hook.

Yummy!

Let me know how that turns out Terrie.
smile.png

There is no way I'm baking bread here today. It is 5:50 here and 90 degrees. It is WAY to hot for the oven to be running.

Back
Top Bottom