Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Quote:
Here is a link someone posted about freezing part of the dough https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4086044 I was trying to remember...I think many years ago I used to let the dough rise once and then freeze it and then let it come to room temp and rise the second time but not real positive. I think you could let it rise, shape it and let it rise and then wrap in saran wrap and then foil, tightly. then let it come to room temp. and bake. I am pretty sure that is the way to do it.
In the link you have to read the posts on that page.

Last edited:
Ahhh! Wonderful, thank you! As long as I don't go into labor by Saturday I know how I'll be spending my day!

I finally caved and made a batch of this bread...unfortunately it's just as yummy as I thought it would be. I'm dieting.
sad.png

I put butter on the top because that was always my favorite part about my grandma's bread when I was little. When I pulled the loaves out of the oven they were hard enough that I was worried it was overcooked even though it wasn't very dark. Once I put the butter on it got much softer, hopefully I didn't ruin it by using butter.

By the way, this is my first attempt at making homemade bread from scratch...thank you.
big_smile.png

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom