Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

Just wanted to share the pocket pizza pies I made with this fabulous GUMP bread
big_smile.png

Sorry, no finished product pics. These are destined for the freezer.

61628_pocketpies.jpg

I used this for pizza dough tonight, they are in the oven now. It made enough dough for 4 large pizzas. I was wondering how it would work if I made some more and froze into 4 portions for pizzas later on? Has anyone successfully frozen the dough then rolled it out and baked it later?

Hi everybody - sorry for the late reply. I freeze them on the cookie sheet then throw them in a ziplock.

The kids love them. They'll pull one out, brush egg wash on it and put it in the toaster oven frozen @325 for about 10 minutes, and then on broil for 2 minutes. Don't forget to poke holes in the dough before you freeze them or they'll explode when they cook.
tongue.png

I'll take a picture the next time someone in the house cooks one so you can see the finished product.

Last edited:
Quote:
I heard people say they did but only let rise once and then freeze the dough. Then let it thaw out and rise for the second time before using.

I use this for my pizza, too! I put one portion in the freezer this afternoon as there was just no way we could eat another pizza. I put all my spices in the dough so if I change my mind ...I can make a loaf of Italian bread instead of pizza
wink.png
I also infuse my olive oil with garlic cloves so when it called for 1/4 cup of oil I used the garlic oil...yum, smells so good and the dough has so much flavor.

Back
Top Bottom