Homemade Incubators

Well here one I built a couple of years ago.

18982_incubator.jpg

I use 2 75 watt lights in the incubator. I just converted my hatcher to Flexwatt and 1 75 watt light to control the WHT. Just got my digital ambient thermostat so that will be next conversion. I want to use only flexwatt but we will see

How is the "Flex-Watt" heating for the incubator working out? I am planning on doing the same thing, except with an upright freezer as the incubator. Please advise how the Flex-Watt is working......thanks. Tacso-A

Sweet mine cost me just under $35 for the whole set up minus the egg turner that i have had for a couple of years.I used the mini-fridge they are really insulated good and hold the temp really well. The heat source is from an old two bulb ceiling light wired through an electric thermostat. the water bottles at the bottom i use to hold heat and reduce cycling of the lights. The items I bought were from ebay and the cost is total cost including shipping.
2 blue lighted 100mm computer fans - $6
electric temp sensor - $2
electric thermostat/sensor - $21
I did buy a switch to turn off the fans before i open the door to eliminate blowing colder air suddenly across the eggs at home depot for just under $4.

The eggs in mine are on day 5 the first day being 0 because I placed them in in the evening.

How is the "Flex-Watt" heating for the incubator working out? I am planning on doing the same thing, except with an upright freezer as the incubator. Please advise how the Flex-Watt is working......thanks. Tacso-A

So far pretty good. My new bator is big so we added 1 75 watt light and it is doing well with 90 inches of flexwatt. I have that same digital thermostat in the above post and I am very pleased so far.

I will put a pic up later after the babies go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom