HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Hi I'm in Chesterton. Well right outside of Chesterton by Brummitt. Did you build your coop or didi you buy it? I'm looking for someone to sell me a coop or to build me one or for a place where I can go and buy one. Do you know of any?

Im in Indiana for a couple days. Bedford/Washington will be going back through Evansville. Looking for Silkies to bring home. please pm me if you have any

Hello,
I live in Valpo too just off of I-149. Do you have recommendations of where to get the chickens and where I can learn more about them. I have never had chickens before but would like to do this. We are in a rural (ish) area and have .75 acres. I was thinking 3 chickens.

Hi there! If you look just above your post you'll see the more active Indiana thread that you might like to join.

You can check craigslist for chickens. Lots of people are downsizing this time of year and have nice chickens for sale. There are also a few sale barns and auctions coming up (maybe this weekend yet) that have chickens also. If you want chicks you can get just a few from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio.....or I might even be doing a hatch in a month or so. Jake's Feed and Garden on 49 (south) get chicks in throughout the year when they get enough people for an order.

I found this section on BYC that would help you learn more about keeping chickens. The Valparaiso library also has some books on raising chickens (as long I don't have already have them checked out! LOL) that have helped me a lot. Here is the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens

Best of luck!
smile.png

i am in bedford indiana i need a good quality silky cockerel if anyon near can sell one it will need to e pet quality as well please text me at 812 278 74 63 im eager so will jump at your call and come asap ty

It doesnt look like anyone has used this one in a while? Is there a new one? I have family in Indiana so I visit often. Also born a hoosier so my heart is up north!

I found it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom