.Horse meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to that! nottingham chicks!!! Good post! So true!
smile.png

Now I love my horses, except for DH's. Would I try horse meat if offered some where? Maybe.
As for the remark about cows being dumb. My milk cow comes when called.
Right now our entire herd is parked at the east gate of the summer pasture waiting to be let into a field we just harvested. Their not dumb they know it's time to come in and clean it up. Bulls will head straight for the corral and we are done.

I do not have a problem with people eating horse meat. I would not have a problem at least trying it myself. Not to say I would like it and eat it regularly. To me my cattle are just as much loved pets as anyone's animals, no matter the species. Beef is still one of my favorite foods.

I actually was disappointed when they closed down the last horse slaughter house not too far from here. Ever since I have seen so many horses starved and left to fend for themselves because no one wants them. As sad as it is, while horses were still being slaughtered locally at least they were worth something for their meat if not for their other qualities. I would rather see a horse slaughtered than left out in a pasture with no care to die of starvation or illness because no one wanted to take care of it anymore. The horse market really fell out around here at least in the past few years. You can get a colt for $10-20 at the sale barn now. I see tons of free horses listed. Unfortunately all animals, even the pet trade is very money driven and where there is no money there is no interest. The animals are the ones who suffer for it.

I personally would prefer beef but how's it any different than a cow? Obviously it's different looking and I'm sure it's different tasting but it's meat I'd eat it if my life depended on it but would choose beef first

I have two horses would I eat them? Nope and that is just because of the vaccinations, worming, and one gets a monthly medicaiton.
Now if they were being raised for meat yes. I have no problem trying anything (as long as it is cooked) at least once. I love veal and roast suckling. MMMM

Quote:
Oh no I didn't mean dumb dumb just not as smart as horses, and maybe there are cows smarter horses, but I didn't mean to affend you or anybody else and their cows. I think it's cool that your cows do that! Sorry about that.
smile.png

I wouldn't be able to butcher a horse myself, but I would eat it and maybe even buy it once in a grocery store to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom