Host a BYC Traveling Mascot!

I Did find Billy- it turns out he is a STINKY little brother, and he tried to join the circus without me. So now I have Oliver watching Billy closely to make sure he doesn't escape .Oliver WILL eat Billy- cats get chicken flavored cat food, so they know they like chicken

I gotta find a way back home. The baby is growing up and having fun without me. I missed her first time in the snow. Rumor has it Miss Bizzy pushed her face down into the snow right after this picture was taken

Could we retire Beaker and send the baby around instead. She is much cuter and those cheeks.

So, after a midnight snack last night,
midnitesnack.jpg

we all went to bed. In the morning, we got up and had some coffee on the deck:

coffee.jpg

Now, giving the duck coffee was NOT a good idea. Before I could blink, I saw a little yellow flash halfway across the yard:
buzz1.jpg

By the time I got across the yard, the little caffeinated duckie was in trouble:
Buzz2.jpg

He ran around and around and around the yard while I got ready for work. But by the time I was ready, the coffee buzz had turned into a caffeine crash, and the poor little duckie had crashed:
crash.jpg

I couldn't wake him, so I had to go to work without him. When I got home, he was well rested. We played Hide and Seek. Hmm, Where's Beaker?

hide1.jpg

hide2.jpg

hide3.jpg

hide5.jpg

hide4.jpg

Then, it was time to feed the little guy:

hotdog.jpg

Is it done now?

He's telling stories to the little chicks, and then it'll be time for bed. Not an exciting first day, but better than being in the box
I love it!

So, When I woke this morning, Beaker was all ready.
tie-1.jpg

"Look hostess D.- I got my working tie on"

"Oh, Beaker, it's very informal- you don't need a tie."

He was very anxious to get to work. Unfortunately, we didn't have to leave for another hour. For the entire hour, every 2 minutes, I would hear " Is it time to go?"

Finally, it was time.
workdrive.jpg

"Beaker, what are you doing? You can't drive"

"But.. But.. But I gots my seatbelt on!!!!"

As soon as I started backing the car up, Beaker said" Are we there yet?" I said " Not yet. Just look out the window"

Beaker commented that he needed a booster seat, then asked again " Are we there yet?"

Luckily, I work less than a mile from home. In that 3 minutes, he asked "are we there yet" 27 times. When we parked, he screamed " WE'RE HERE!!!!!", and ran out of the car and tried to get into the door.

Unfortunately,  he couldnt get into the door, because it only open with a code and a fingerprint. Beaker had the code, but  no fingerprint. He tried to leave a butt print, however, that wasn't successful.

He immediately found my boss. He said " Sorry we are late Boss lady- Hostess D had to go buy drugs".

"BEAKER!! I was not buying drugs!!!"

" Uh huh, hostess D.- you SAID we was going to the drug store to buy drugs"

**I'm thinking I should have bought a larger bottle of antacid****

When we got to my cubicle, he was seriously disappointed in my choice of computer desktop.
workcubicle.jpg

I immediately changed it, and he was pleased with the results.
workcomp.jpg

While I got settled in, Beaker ran about introducing himself to people. I thought the running about would tire him, because the building is HUGE.. but then he spotted something coming in the door. Pizza being delivered. His eyes widened! There had to be at least 20 pizzas!!

Beaker thought is was awful nice of the big boss to have a pizza party just for him ( I didn't have the heart to tell him that the boss bought pizza for everyone because we had a rough day yesterday)
workpizza.jpg

workalldone.jpg

After lunch, Beaker tried to answer the phone.
workphone.jpg

Luckily, the person who called thought they had the wrong number. I kept him busy with some paper and crayons...

workcolor.jpg

And he made  many pictures for my bare cubicle wall.
workart.jpg

After spinning in the chair  for a little bit, Beaker wandered off. He learned how to use the copy machine ( which is actually kind of impressive, since I barey know how to use it). He scanned his face. Then he made lots of copies, and taped them to everyones cubicles. Then, he learned to use the fax machine. By the records, it seems as if people in China, The Netherlands, Italy, Austria and Iceland have received faxes of Beakers closeup.

Then, he wandered over to Human resources. He wanted an employee ID since he didn't have a finger to print. He walked in the door.. and saw it...
workyum.jpg

Warning: do NOT give mascot any chocolate!! I couldn't follow him around, but I noticed as we were leaving that quite a few windows had chocolate duck-beak kiss prints. And the bosses computers were all marked ( sorry about the bad picture- the computers are white, and the flash was creating problems)
workgrafitti.jpg

"So Beaker, did you have fun today?"
workride.jpg

"Yup, now let's go home. I'm hungry"
i love it
2764.png
1f499.png

Back
Top Bottom