Hot.

Ice in the chooks drinking water is a nice treat for them when its extremly hot. Good night, keep cool
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Ice skating at a rink is a wonderful activity on a hot, hot day. Fortunately for me, there is one just a few miles away
big_smile.png
Wnder if they will give me enough of a discount that I could take all my chickens to cool off?

Set up a little personal mister stand for the girls today in the shade. They are SO freaking happy! DH brought it home last night from the hardware store. He even added extra vents to the coop to make sure we didnt lose anyone else.

Ack. Luna stayed in the coop during the entire free range time today! She's my lead hen and she was so lethargic. She let me pet (and fan air on) her for about 10 minutes. She wasn't much better, so I picked her up (while I'm going like this:
ep.gif
Luna let me pick her up without yelling at me!
ya.gif
) and doused her in the mister. I set her down and she ran off under the coop, but I'm still worried about her. I've set the mister to go off for 2 hours starting around 4. Let's hope the mister works because I won't be here to check it.
fl.gif

Last winter, we worried about frozen water and frozen combs. Now we're worried about heat stroke. I think I like winter better. It's easier to warm things up than cool things down.

Nice, 75 and raining lightly been a great cooler weekend...Happy to send out 5 orders of eggs tomorrow as the cooler weather is great for their travel and great for the laying! Nancy

Here in Southern Louisiana, it stays in the hundreds all day. At 3:00 it can get up to 105. The 2-3 week old CHICKS are panting! Now you know it is REALLY hot!

It's amazing to think about how you're experiencing well below-freezing weather, and over here most of us are burning up...  I've always wondered how it is celebrating Christmas in summer weather. /img/smilies/smile.png  What do you use for decorations?  Probably not snowflakes, snowmen, or Santa with snow!

BTW, yes, reading your post somehow made me feel cooler... /img/smilies/big_smile.png

Well at christmas we swim In the pool a lot use the pizza oven or spit with a pig and for decorations fake snow on the tree and a lot of lights on the house there are some amazing lights on some houses! But yeah it's very fun on Christmas over here!:lol:

It's a lot cooler now than it was last month.. August is USUALLY Kentucky's HOTTEST mont, but has been NICE this year... It's actially COLD outside at night. It's making me wonder if we're in for a bad winter...

Back
Top Bottom