Houdans

Pics
We love them, best pets of the breeds we keep.
The roosters will change from loving lap chick to tesosterone cackeler, but if you arent afraid to dicipline them they will be happy in your lap or on your shoulder.
Always remember you are the top chicken, they will love you more for it.

The few that we have which are flighty were raised by the hatchery.
Unfortunatly they have stayed that way even after the others warmed up to us. So I guess if they are cautious they will warm up, if they are flighty then it might never change.
Hope your birds are different.

Well they're only a week old so it could just be a chick thing. What hatcheries did you get flighty birds from? I believe my
Mottled Houdans are from Privett. Do you know much about the hatchery stock of Privett?

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
let us know how they hatch...
We will we are very excited.
wee.gif

Well my Houkie project is going perfectly. I couldnt have asked for more cooperative roosters.
The Houdan did his job with the silkie girls and the broody mama kept them really safe.

Here are a couple pictures of the new additions, one more in the egg who should be out tonight.
With mama

Playing with big sister and learning to eat

Just out of the shell, she got out from under mama and needed some help back in.

Well my Houkie project is going perfectly. I couldnt have asked for more cooperative roosters.
The Houdan did his job with the silkie girls and the broody mama kept them really safe.

Here are a couple pictures of the new additions, one more in the egg who should be out tonight.
With mama

Playing with big sister and learning to eat

Just out of the shell, she got out from under mama and needed some help back in.

The chicks are so cute! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom