House Fire Thursday, Update 7/22, having to sell the flock.. :(

baltimoreharps

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Cabarrus Co.
I've thought more than once about posting this here. But I feel led to post it now considering how it's effecting our family.

It was an accidental fire, but we aren't able to go back home now and won;t be able to ever. I don't want to talk about it right now. I just can't.
Most of our hose is not habitable, and there is a lot of water damage and smoke damage to our furniture. We do not have insurance as renters, please don't give me grief about that. It's our bad,we know it.
I just wanted you all to know that if I have to downsize the flock temporarily, I need someone to help with that taking care of them while we move and if anyone has moving boxes in the area, we need them.
Iknow I'm leaving a ton out, I just can't think straight yet again about losing the only home we know.

Last edited:
If you're anywhere near Hope Mills, we can take a few birds for a while if that'd help
hugs.gif

So sorry wish there was something i could do to help....but im in england
sad.png
thoughts are with you and your family at this hard time x

hugs.gif
I hope you will find homes for your birds and most of all, do take care of your family and save what you can of your possessions. I've been thru that as well and it was a lost feeling and I still have grieving thoughts about the farm I had with my family. Those were the best memories I've had.

I wish I was closer, we just moved and we have a ton of moving boxes you could have. I'm very sorry to hear about your house.
hugs.gif
I hope you find great temporary homes for your flock quickly.

How many chickens do you have? What breeds?

You should post in the North Carolina thread - I'm sure there are many many people who will help you! I'm in Person County - and I can't drive all the way to you - I can't trust my car and I don't have the extra money - but if someone else from the state gets some of your birds and heads through Durham to go home - I can take some until the time you can get them back.

You and your family are in my prayers - and I hope and pray things go easier on you and you guys get situated soon.

Take care and keep your chin up - be lucky no one was hurt - it could have always been worse - remember that.

So sorry for your loss and the disarray it's causing you and your family.
I'm a couple of hours away--in Henderson County--but I'd be glad to help you in any way I can. If you can think of any way I could assist you, PM me and I'll give you my phone number.
I'm retired, so I'm very flexible with my time....don't know what else to say other than I can't imagine what you're going through...

Oh, what a mess for you! I'm too far away to help, but you can be sure I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Recovering from a fire is a long, bumpy, and sometimes scary road. And there's a lot of chaos & fear in the first days and weeks. Just do your best to take care of you and your family, accept help that is offered, seek out help that is needed and be gentle with yourself -- you are going through one of life's greatest upheavals.

Back
Top Bottom