How about a Thread for Embdens?

My babies are 2 weeks old now and as it warms up more I've been leaving them outside longer. For the most part I stay out with them but not all the time. Only I'm having a slight problem. I think they have imprinted on me b.c. whenever I leave the living room (where they are being brooded) they cry. They cry when I go to bed, when I go make dinner and anything really where they can't see me. At 2 days old they were jumping out of the kiddie pool I'm brooding them in. They used to jump out and then walk around the house crying for me until they found me. I ended up putting a puppy playpen around the pool so they can't jump out anymore. I love these little guys and I love how they are so attached to me but I'm a bit worried about how they will react when they are outside full time. I hate listening to them cry for me at night but I know if I give in once they will expect it every time. They are getting better about crying at night and will only cry for about 5 to 10 mins where as before it was 20 to 30 mins, talk about heart breaking. I'm hoping they will sorta grow out of it and become less dependent but I'm not sure they will. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any advice as to how I can break them of this so that they aren't as dependent on "momma goose"?

Thanks i had my suspicion but now i can be sure. By the way do you think he can breed with an embden or Chinese goose. And in my experience they grow out of it

Last edited:
My babies are 2 weeks old now and as it warms up more I've been leaving them outside longer. For the most part I stay out with them but not all the time. Only I'm having a slight problem. I think they have imprinted on me b.c. whenever I leave the living room (where they are being brooded) they cry. They cry when I go to bed, when I go make dinner and anything really where they can't see me. At 2 days old they were jumping out of the kiddie pool I'm brooding them in. They used to jump out and then walk around the house crying for me until they found me. I ended up putting a puppy playpen around the pool so they can't jump out anymore. I love these little guys and I love how they are so attached to me but I'm a bit worried about how they will react when they are outside full time. I hate listening to them cry for me at night but I know if I give in once they will expect it every time. They are getting better about crying at night and will only cry for about 5 to 10 mins where as before it was 20 to 30 mins, talk about heart breaking. I'm hoping they will sorta grow out of it and become less dependent but I'm not sure they will. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any advice as to how I can break them of this so that they aren't as dependent on "momma goose"?
IMO this too shall pass, you will soon advance into the "monster" stage... where you heading toward them will be viewed as an attempt to touch them
ep.gif

IMO this too shall pass, you will soon advance into the "monster" stage... where you heading toward them will be viewed as an attempt to touch them
ep.gif
Lol I'm pretty sure I just might fall over if that happens. Thanks I'm hoping that is true for mine

We are trying to hatch and bring up Goslings (embdens) with a small group of chicks, hybrid bluebells, which have all hatched at the same time. Pics to follow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom