How do I know when it’s time to put down my little boy?

I am afraid once he started to lose weight, I would feel compelled to put him down. Obviously, he will get the best life he could have until then. So sorry you will have to make such a hard decision, but you seem to have his best interest at heart. :hugs

Will he eat a soft scrambled egg?
Well kinda, he would much rather have pellets but he will eat them if there are no other food near, he is kinda strange and I have never met a chicken who would put normal food over eggs😊

Here is a picture of him, it’s not the best but you kinda get and idea on the size difference of him and his sisters.
Excuse the very muddy run, it has been raining for the past 3 months here almost every day
IMG_9379.jpeg

Here is a picture of him, it’s not the best but you kinda get and idea on the size difference of him and his sisters.
Excuse the very muddy run, it has been raining for the past 3 months here almost every day
View attachment 3679093
Poor fellow, he does have a malformed beak. I can see why he would have a hard time eating and drinking. I like his coloring, I am partial to blue chickens.

im sorry you have to go threw this when i started chicken keeping my dog went into my garage i forgot to close the door were my brooder was and when i went to feed them they were scatterd across the floor most were dead and open some were injured badly and we had to put those down i dont have any imformation that could help you but i can tell that you realy care about them and your gonna do whats best im sorry i do not have anything that could help
ps my dog is trained now to leave my chickens alone its suprising how little she cares about them now

Poor fellow, he does have a malformed beak. I can see why he would have a hard time eating and drinking. I like his coloring, I am partial to blue chickens.
Yeah he is very cute I also love blue chickens, in my chick bacht this year out of one copper marans(the broody mom), one olive egger(I used 3 of her eggs) and one English araucana(the daddy rooster), I got 3 blue chickens so I was very lucky, if the little guy would also have some copper on his neck if he was bigger😊
the picture of his brother is how he would have looked😊

Attachments

• IMG_9381.jpeg
    IMG_9381.jpeg
    621.9 KB · Views: 21
im sorry you have to go threw this when i started chicken keeping my dog went into my garage i forgot to close the door were my brooder was and when i went to feed them they were scatterd across the floor most were dead and open some were injured badly and we had to put those down i dont have any imformation that could help you but i can tell that you realy care about them and your gonna do whats best im sorry i do not have anything that could help
ps my dog is trained now to leave my chickens alone its suprising how little she cares about them now
I’m sorry you had to go through that, tha must not have been very nice at all

Yeah he is very cute I also love blue chickens, in my chick bacht this year out of one copper marans(the broody mom), one olive egger(I used 3 of her eggs) and one English araucana(the daddy rooster), I got 3 blue chickens so I was very lucky, if the little guy would also have some copper on his neck if he was bigger😊
the picture of his brother is how he would have looked😊
His brother looks very cool with those colors and hair

Back
Top Bottom