How do I know when it’s time to put down my little boy?

im sorry you have to go threw this when i started chicken keeping my dog went into my garage i forgot to close the door were my brooder was and when i went to feed them they were scatterd across the floor most were dead and open some were injured badly and we had to put those down i dont have any imformation that could help you but i can tell that you realy care about them and your gonna do whats best im sorry i do not have anything that could help
ps my dog is trained now to leave my chickens alone its suprising how little she cares about them now
All my roosters had to be put down because my area doesn't allow them
They had great lives most chickens don't get to have

His brother looks very cool with those colors and hair
Thank you, genetics are crazy, his mom(the olive eggers) brother looks exactly like him so it’s kinda fun to be reminded that the roosters that got new homes still kinda are with me in some way. This is the Easter eggers brother, I think you can see that they look like each other in some way😊
IMG_6849.jpeg

All my roosters had to be put down because my area doesn't allow them
They had great lives most chickens don't get to have
did you put them down when they started making noise or when you found out im sure you thought of seeing if someone else could take them I know its hard to find good homes for roosters and i dont know how big your area is if its to far or not if you didint know that is always a option but im sorry for what you went through It might sound like I dont care but I do

did you put them down when they started making noise or when you found out im sure you thought of seeing if someone else could take them I know its hard to find good homes for roosters and i dont know how big your area is if its to far or not if you didint know that is always a option but im sorry for what you went through It might sound like I dont care but I do
When they started making noise

Well kinda, he would much rather have pellets but he will eat them if there are no other food near, he is kinda strange and I have never met a chicken who would put normal food over eggs😊
You can mix the pellets with some water and form it into little bullets that you can pop in his break, they need to be firm, like if you made it out of play dough

Update: hello everyone on this thread, the sky gained a little star today.
He had been struggling to eat for some time refusing to eat mush and only pellets so he got sick and wasn’t growing so I knew it was time.

I made his last day count while he got to say goodbye to his siblings and he just snuggled with me, and then I sent him off to chicken heaven, where he hopefully is gonna live a happy healthy life now that his life on earth was cut short🕊️

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions it really helped him for as long as it could😊

Back
Top Bottom