how do you introduce a duckling to a 4 week old duck?

This morning's progress

Normally when we let marceline roam around the house, which is quite a bit we keep her in a pop up portable dog house and leave the door part open while home, she will come and sit by my or my husband or my daughter's but today she chose to lay next to where we keep Gunter which is in an old pack n play my youngest doesn't use anymore. We now let them hang out on the floor together but only while sitting next to them because marceline still tries to grab gunters feet and beak but she seems to be trying to be more gentle when pecking at her. Things are going well and in another week or so they may even be ready to take naps together!

This morning's progress

Normally when we let marceline roam around the house, which is quite a bit we keep her in a pop up portable dog house and leave the door part open while home, she will come and sit by my or my husband or my daughter's but today she chose to lay next to where we keep Gunter which is in an old pack n play my youngest doesn't use anymore. We now let them hang out on the floor together but only while sitting next to them because marceline still tries to grab gunters feet and beak but she seems to be trying to be more gentle when pecking at her. Things are going well and in another week or so they may even be ready to take naps together!
That is a great update. Marceline is learning to be gentle, you know that has to be hard since if she had a duckling her size it could take the rough stuff. Shes learning. They sure are precious.

Thank you, I know I wish I would have had them small together my husband didn't want me to get another duck and marceline was given to us but when I went out to buy the brewers yeast I came back with that and Gunter my husband was so mad haha but I figured he'd get over it and at least marceline wouldn't be lonely and I explained to him that unless he wanted to hear a duck cry all night this was the best option he now loves Gunter (maybe even more than marceline I think it's the penguin characteristics haha but he does like both especially for not being much of an animal person) I'm hoping that my thread can help give other newbie duck owners ideas when introducing babies to larger ducks I'll keep updating as progress is made :)

Thank you, I know I wish I would have had them small together my husband didn't want me to get another duck and marceline was given to us but when I went out to buy the brewers yeast I came back with that and Gunter my husband was so mad haha but I figured he'd get over it and at least marceline wouldn't be lonely and I explained to him that unless he wanted to hear a duck cry all night this was the best option he now loves Gunter (maybe even more than marceline I think it's the penguin characteristics haha but he does like both especially for not being much of an animal person) I'm hoping that my thread can help give other newbie duck owners ideas when introducing babies to larger ducks I'll keep updating as progress is made
smile.png
You diff will help others.

Another update today! Things are moving along quickly . At marcelines bath time we also did snack time with peas again. Little Gunter jumped in it was quite a jump and marceline did not mind her swimming with her!!

Another update today! Things are moving along quickly . At marcelines bath time we also did snack time with peas again. Little Gunter jumped in it was quite a jump and marceline did not mind her swimming with her!!
That is the sweetest pics..I am so happy for you all.
wee.gif

Thank you, I know I wish I would have had them small together my husband didn't want me to get another duck and marceline was given to us but when I went out to buy the brewers yeast I came back with that and Gunter my husband was so mad haha but I figured he'd get over it and at least marceline wouldn't be lonely and I explained to him that unless he wanted to hear a duck cry all night this was the best option he now loves Gunter (maybe even more than marceline I think it's the penguin characteristics haha but he does like both especially for not being much of an animal person) I'm hoping that my thread can help give other newbie duck owners ideas when introducing babies to larger ducks I'll keep updating as progress is made :)
That is a sweet story. I am glad u got Gunter and your hubby fell in love. How could you not? They are such cuties.

Back
Top Bottom