How does this turn into this?

Toastedone

Chirping
Sep 23, 2023
Farmington, IA
For my first thread here, i'd like to make it into something that's interesting and maybe bumped often with new pics..

The idea behind it is show a chick thay you had and then show the chicken it became that turned out to be completely opposite or different from what you were expecting haha im new to raising chickens and having them rule my life so it might not be as exciting to some others as it was to me lol

So i ask how does this...(backstory of the 25 chicks I got from auction at 50c each that were sold as pullets, i named this one cleopatra cuz of the sweet eyeliner patterns, the wife decided her name was beyonce )
20230521_144749~2.jpg

20230525_194154~2.jpg

20230604_135309~2.jpg

So cute and just awwwwww hahaha

How does that.. turn into this? Hahaha
20230801_172030~2.jpg

20230907_101537.jpg

20230831_173635~2.jpg

Lol now named Jay Z... dont get me wrong, hes a pretty boy.. just wasnt expecting a rooster... especially a rooster with those sweet front half leg feathering and amazing manners for everyone and most things.. except that calico cat that hangs out in the neighborhood.. he hates it haha

Welp, that's my first thread, if it's in the wrong spot, i apologize.. im new amd learning a new forum is tricky :)

For my first thread here, i'd like to make it into something that's interesting and maybe bumped often with new pics..

The idea behind it is show a chick thay you had and then show the chicken it became that turned out to be completely opposite or different from what you were expecting haha im new to raising chickens and having them rule my life so it might not be as exciting to some others as it was to me lol

So i ask how does this...(backstory of the 25 chicks I got from auction at 50c each that were sold as pullets, i named this one cleopatra cuz of the sweet eyeliner patterns, the wife decided her name was beyonce )
View attachment 3645408
View attachment 3645420
View attachment 3645412

View attachment 3645424
View attachment 3645426
View attachment 3645427
Lol now named Jay Z... dont get me wrong, hes a pretty boy.. just wasnt expecting a rooster... especially a rooster with those sweet front half leg feathering and amazing manners for everyone and most things.. except that calico cat that hangs out in the neighborhood.. he hates it haha

Welp, that's my first thread, if it's in the wrong spot, i apologize.. im new amd learning a new forum is tricky :)
Wow just wow so pretty but so cute as a chick I wish he kept the pattern but he sounds like a very good rooster

Also welcome to byc I promise you won’t regret it this was the best community you could have joined. Glad to have you here.

View attachment 3645408
View attachment 3645420
View attachment 3645412

View attachment 3645424
View attachment 3645426
View attachment 3645427

I got one for you as I wondered it too. It's a partridge silkie chick, so adorable. chicks Millie at 3 wks..jpg Millie 5-30-23.jpg

How did this cute chick turn into this pretty rooster?

View attachment 3645408
View attachment 3645420
View attachment 3645412

View attachment 3645424
View attachment 3645426
View attachment 3645427

That is quite possibly the most beautiful coloration I have ever seen on a rooster. Do you have any idea what breed he is?

I think whoever put the chicks up for auction was trying to breed olive eggers and ended up hatching and selling all the eggs that werent green which is cool... the only other one thats similar to him is eugene and she could be a midnight majesty marans or a hatchery mystic onyx or an australorp x black copper marans... i dont know but shes the only reason i bought the batch of chicks.. black feet, black (now more mulberry) comb and wattles and that black, green, blue sheen.
20230922_182221.jpg

20230923_094949.jpg

20230922_182334.jpg

Id imagine he is what ever she os supposed to be x ameraucana since hes not the only muffs and beard chicken from that group.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom