How it's made - Hatchery chicks

thanks for sharing. you know how there was the part where the chck get seperated from the shell in that belt whhere the chick falls through cause its smaller, what if there is a really fat chick that doesnt fal through

I wish they were more gentle with them . After all they are babies . They treat them like a product and less like a living thing , But i guess it needs to be done that way . Its just kinda sad

But i have always wanted to see how they keep the parents penned but they never show it !

Last edited:
wow, way to rough handle the chicks o.o... I dont think I will buy hatchery chicks
tongue.png
at least I'll study how they handle the them first...

but I just learned how to sex them haha..

My thoughts were the same. Unbelievable how rough they are with them. I too wondered what happened if a chick was too big to fall through, sigh. I am sure not all hatcheries are this way but it does make you wonder.
Thanks.

Very sad how they get treated !! Makes you want to order some to support them huh ? Cant imagine how many extras get killed !! SAD SAD !!

I was disturbed by the video. I sat there thinking "puppy farm."

They were rather rough with the chicks. ESPECIALLY, when they were sorting them by sex. They were throwing them down the tubes. Those little babies looked to be hitting those metal tubes pretty abruptly.

Makes me def. not want to buy any hatchery chicks.

Those were all chicks for commercial use though. You can't feather sex most breeds. They also were very uniform size eggs, I think there must be some differences in hatcheries that hatch out different breeds and sizes right?

Probably not. If a hatchery need to get babies in the mail and out to thousands of customers a week, and only hatch on wed, workers do over time on those days to get babies across the US, and recoup on the "off" days. The little guys are tougher than most take them for.

Back
Top Bottom