Votes: 6 5.0%
  • 5 Dogs

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I've lost countšŸ˜‚

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
I wouldnā€™t do it. If someone wants a down payment, most of the time they let YOU see the puppies before you decide, like before they are ready to leave mom. OR they ask for a down payment that is refundable on a puppy that is due. But even then you get to pick. They guy we paid to provide his stud to our Rottie, gave us a copy of his contract to purchase a puppy. One thing is a home inspection that needs to be done within so much time before you get a puppy. And the deposit is based on what I explained already. I would honestly steer clear from this one. 3 liters is a LOT at ones. It just doesnā€™t sound right. Sounds like they are trying to make it seem like they have an abundant about of puppies. And if they truly do it is all about the money and not the care of the puppies.
Even our golden we have now we got to see her and decide if we wanted her before giving the lady a down payment. Then when we picked her up we payed the full amount. We would breed her but she isnt registered so we will continue looking for another pup.

It's so much more about the source than the money. This is not crazy for breeding rights, pick, promising show dog. But to your point I'd never pay that to a breeder I don't already have a trusted relationship with. I never even ask the price of Leonberger's, I'm well aware. But what can i say, they are my soul dog and sometimes you have to ditch something else from the budget. It's funny there is another thread where a lady "matches you" with the right dog breed for you..... Yeah don't fall for that. You need to be totally in love to not only pay the price but then really pay the price. Vet prices are alot more insane than dog prices. I hope you get on the waiting list and have fun getting ready for a pup!!!:love
Thanks, we really like one breeder but there waiting lists are full. So we might go to a second breeder that does a bunch of sensory training/ environment training to make sure the puppy is the right fit

Even our golden we have now we got to see her and decide if we wanted her before giving the lady a down payment. Then when we picked her up we payed the full amount. We would breed her but she isnt registered so we will continue looking for another pup.
Our dog isnā€™t registered. She is pure breed but just not registered. If we wanted to we could register her with the CKC but just donā€™t care either way. The puppies will be easier to register with the CKC. Dad is AKC registered.

Our dog isnā€™t registered. She is pure breed but just not registered. If we wanted to we could register her with the CKC but just donā€™t care either way. The puppies will be easier to register with the CKC. Dad is AKC registered.
I dont care that she isnt registered. She is purebred and her dad was AKC registered and mom i think was purebred tested. We cant find a male golden retriever that will breed with a unregistered female. And we are even going to do a embark test and have the vet do a Pre-OFA test to make sure she doesnt have any displasia since she is about 1 1/2. If i could find a male i would, not for the money, its because i would love to try and pass on her traits, personality and we want another pup thats just like her. Just a question does she have to be spayed to get CKC registered?

I dont care that she isnt registered. She is purebred and her dad was AKC registered and mom i think was purebred tested. We cant find a male golden retriever that will breed with an unregistered female. And we are even going to do an embark test and have the vet do a Pre-OFA test to make sure she doesnt have any displasia since she is about 1 1/2. If i could find a male i would, not for the money, its because i would love to try and pass on her traits, personality and we want another pup thats just like her. Just a question does she have to be spayed to get CKC registered?
I had to go back and do a little more reading. And I didnā€™t see ANYTHING for the CKC. For some reason I thought that there was some stipulations on if they had to be fixed or not. I know my friend has a dog that she CKC registered and she breeds her. I think it is just the PAL program through AKC. Luckily the guy that provided our stud didnā€™t care if she was registered or not. It isnā€™t affecting him in anyway. He got $500 from us. He was pretty insistent that we find her bloodline and what have you to get the most out of the puppies. We rolled our eyes because that isnā€™t what it was about. We just wanted her to be a momma and be able to continue to have her when she is gone. My brother originally wanted one but he had to back out because life got in the way. And my mom said she wanted one but then backed out but is thinking about it again šŸ¤£. I donā€™t really care either way. Cause if they donā€™t take them, we are keeping them. We will fix a couple of them but leave some intact for in the future if we want more babies from our little girl.

I had to go back and do a little more reading. And I didnā€™t see ANYTHING for the CKC. For some reason I thought that there was some stipulations on if they had to be fixed or not. I know my friend has a dog that she CKC registered and she breeds her. I think it is just the PAL program through AKC. Luckily the guy that provided our stud didnā€™t care if she was registered or not. It isnā€™t affecting him in anyway. He got $500 from us. He was pretty insistent that we find her bloodline and what have you to get the most out of the puppies. We rolled our eyes because that isnā€™t what it was about. We just wanted her to be a momma and be able to continue to have her when she is gone. My brother originally wanted one but he had to back out because life got in the way. And my mom said she wanted one but then backed out but is thinking about it again šŸ¤£. I donā€™t really care either way. Cause if they donā€™t take them, we are keeping them. We will fix a couple of them but leave some intact for in the future if we want more babies from our little girl.
Thats one of my big things is having one like her even when she is gone. Our neighbor got a golden and he died of a birth defect at 12 weeks, so they want one. Also a few family members and us. And we would keep the puppies even if they werent sold. I found a Facebook page with stud dogs and cats of Wisconsin, and i contacted a few golden retriever stud owners that were on there. I am now waiting for responses. Maybe im in luck. Ill look into the CKC more to. Thanks

Thats one of my big things is having one like her even when she is gone. Our neighbor got a golden and he died of a birth defect at 12 weeks, so they want one. Also a few family members and us. And we would keep the puppies even if they werent sold. I found a Facebook page with stud dogs and cats of Wisconsin, and i contacted a few golden retriever stud owners that were on there. I am now waiting for responses. Maybe im in luck. Ill look into the CKC more to. Thanks
It for sure canā€™t hurt. The fact that you have one parent that is papered for sure, you will have a real easy time. CKC isnā€™t anything less than AKC. They still have standards, it is basically thought allows those that papers have been lost or bloodline lost that these dogs can get back to being papered. Iā€™m so glad that you arenā€™t a person that is so abscessed with the money factor for it. I canā€™t remember if I mentioned it already but a friend wanted a dog from me and at first I was like sweet! They wonā€™t be far away and I can see her/him whenever I want. But then I thought about it and finding Rotties where I am is completely impossible. Even spending 3,000 a puppy isnā€™t an option. You have to travel at least 5 hours away to get a puppy. And she breeds her dog like crazy. Every year there is a liter. And THE LAST thing I want is for them to be breed like that. So she isnā€™t going to be getting a puppy.

It for sure canā€™t hurt. The fact that you have one parent that is papered for sure, you will have a real easy time. CKC isnā€™t anything less than AKC. They still have standards, it is basically thought allows those that papers have been lost or bloodline lost that these dogs can get back to being papered. Iā€™m so glad that you arenā€™t a person that is so abscessed with the money factor for it. I canā€™t remember if I mentioned it already but a friend wanted a dog from me and at first I was like sweet! They wonā€™t be far away and I can see her/him whenever I want. But then I thought about it and finding Rotties where I am is completely impossible. Even spending 3,000 a puppy isnā€™t an option. You have to travel at least 5 hours away to get a puppy. And she breeds her dog like crazy. Every year there is a liter. And THE LAST thing I want is for them to be breed like that. So she isnā€™t going to be getting a puppy.
I dont like people who over breed their dogs, its so wrong. Our neighbor wouldnt do that. And we might write up a contract or something. We live in a area where there are lot of dog breeders but there are not a lot of golden retriever. Speaking of rottweilers there is no breeders near us. Thanks for all the info. And i think i will try and CKC register her or if we find a stud we will register the puppies.

I dont like people who over breed their dogs, its so wrong. Our neighbor wouldnt do that. And we might write up a contract or something. We live in an area where there are lot of dog breeders but there are not a lot of golden retriever. Speaking of rottweilers there is no breeders near us. Thanks for all the info. And i think i will try and CKC register her or if we find a stud we will register the puppies.
Best of luck on finding a stud! We were going to draw up a contract that stated they had to be fixed after 6 months or we would take control of the puppy with no refund. However it would be a clause in there that as long as they kept us up to date on appointments for the procedure we would allow an x amount of time. We didnā€™t get very far with it though because we just decided there was no way we can decide which ones we wanted to keep vs selling.

Best of luck on finding a stud! We were going to draw up a contract that stated they had to be fixed after 6 months or we would take control of the puppy with no refund. However it would be a clause in there that as long as they kept us up to date on appointments for the procedure we would allow an x amount of time. We didnā€™t get very far with it though because we just decided there was no way we can decide which ones we wanted to keep vs selling.
I would have to do 1-2 for the contract because even our vet recommended that ours isnt fixed until 1 -2years old. One person wrote back and he only wants english cream goldens bred with his dog. I dont quite understand becasue they get money either way and the pups will all be sent to good homes and i would also put in the contract that if they can not be cared for anymore that they could be returned to me or to a trusted person and not to a shelter. Hopefully i find a stud!

Back
Top Bottom