How many eggs did you get today?

Wow look at the size of this egg!:weee

Hero Hen has continued to live up to her name. She's reliably putting out one pullet egg every day. The rest of the flock is busy freeloading.

I got 3 eggs today, 2 of which where broken and already eaten in the nesting boxes. Anyone know how to stop chickens from eating they're own eggs?

I've had that problem. First, make sure they are getting enough calcium so that they can form hard egg shells. Provide a well padded, dark nest box and collect eggs as often as possible. You can also try one of the specially made nest boxes that allow the eggs to roll out of the hens reach.
In my case, we just got rid of the egg eating hens (all of them love eggs, but only two learned to break them).

I hope this helps.
smile.png

I've had that problem. First, make sure they are getting enough calcium so that they can form hard egg shells. Provide a well padded, dark nest box and collect eggs as often as possible. You can also try one of the specially made nest boxes that allow the eggs to roll out of the hens reach.
In my case, we just got rid of the egg eating hens (all of them love eggs, but only two learned to break them).

I hope this helps. :)

Thanks! :)
I haven't put out calcium for them in a while. Know that I think about it maybe 2 weeks. :/ I will give them some oyster shell right now. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom