How many eggs did you get today?

here is my latest layers report: back in december all 6 of our hens stopped laying, it was the day after I added a new substrate so I figured it was too much change too fast but the three older hens were heading into molt so I really didn't know what to make of it. the strange thing was that the three new hens that replaced a few I rehomed that had just started laying also stopped abruptly. so I took advantage of the fact that I ran electrical out to the coop underground this summer and plugged in a light and timer and extended their day back to 14 hours. a few started laying again about a month ago and now all 6 are laying with abandon, 5-6 eggs a day. during molting I mixed about 30% high protein grower crumble in with their egg laying formula to help them get their feathers back quick.

8 eggs out of 10 hens. I collect and inspect the coop all in one so the eggs get put in my jacket pocket as I'm going around. Get home to unload and counted 7. A few hours later put my coat back on to walk the dog and realized there was another egg in my pocket! Seems like I've got a jacket pocket that leads to Narnia cause I was pretty certain I emptied them out hah lucky I didn't reach in and find a broken egg

31 Feb 2018

1 goose egg so now the nest has 4 eggs :frow

I found 32 chicken eggs scattered behind some oil drums today so I picked them all up sa the lady's had made no attempt for a nest and I added some straw so now I will wait and see if they make a decent usable nest of the straw ....

my duck stopped sitting on her nest and she scattered her eggs about or something else did ether way I had to rake up the eggs so she can start over again ..

gander007:old

This confused me. There is another thread with the same name but without question mark! I posted there yesterday thinking it was here. Today I couldn't find yesterdays post:confused:. Bit of a head scratcher!! Any way todays contribution 7-1/2-21 not so good.
DSC_0445.JPG
Does the little one count? I did add it as half but I think it more like 1/10th!!

Back
Top Bottom