How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I have mostly birds from breeders no hatchery, EE many of them lay green... My newer birds are barred rock or cuckoo marans and a black copper marans... My cockerel's are a blue ameracauna and a black copper marans

I've been studying those Marans. How are they? Are they laying yet and if so how's production. I have 4 now Buff NHRed and 2 SLW. The later are 17 weeks old and not laying yet. Ideally I like to have around 2 dozens eggs a week. I love to bake and 2 for breakfast is food. If I can get a large enough coop I might try selling. The guy I used to buy from has 100 chickens. I rarely buy from him because he put to many very small eggs in his dozens. He was selling 20-25 dozen eggs to a local mom and pop so I think all his larger eggs went into those boxes. I would probably want about 30-40 chickens.

:lau:lau:lau I dont' even know what date it is :lau:lau:lau
That is because it isn't a specific date! (and 100% unimportant to anyone not in the USA). Always the 4th Thursday in November. Step sister and her husband were married the day before Thanksgiving 9 years ago. It was the day before Thanksgiving. So he figures his anniversary is the day before Thanksgiving every year because he can remember that.

Of course Canadian Thanksgiving is a different "date", it is the 2nd Monday in October.

I forgot to tell you I had a 96gm egg the other day - not as big as my record 108gm (or was it 116?) but still :eek:
Still plenty big!

I have no idea how many eggs my girls have been laying though reports are that Aria is squatting big time so I SHOULD soon have 3 laying.

That is because it isn't a specific date! (and 100% unimportant to anyone not in the USA). Always the 4th Thursday in November
Thank you that is actually a really good bit of trivia to know (if I'm ever in the UK and go to a pub quiz which I love :lau). No I actually feel a bit bad I didn't know that - I knew it was late November which I suppose is right!
So he figures his anniversary is the day before Thanksgiving every year because he can remember that.
:lau:lau:laubrilliant!
Of course Canadian Thanksgiving is a different "date", it is the 2nd Monday in October.
Now that I had no idea about (actually I'm not even sure I thought that Canada did Thanksgiving!)

Still plenty big!
Sure is! Pretty sure it will be a double yoker.

If you want big, big, eggs you should get some delawares their normal range is 80ish grams with double yolkers hitting 120's sometimes.:)
I've been studying those Marans. How are they? Are they laying yet and if so how's production. I have 4 now Buff NHRed and 2 SLW. The later are 17 weeks old and not laying yet. Ideally I like to have around 2 dozens eggs a week. I love to bake and 2 for breakfast is food. If I can get a large enough coop I might try selling. The guy I used to buy from has 100 chickens. I rarely buy from him because he put to many very small eggs in his dozens. He was selling 20-25 dozen eggs to a local mom and pop so I think all his larger eggs went into those boxes. I would probably want about 30-40 chickens.
20171207_143536.jpg
20171207_143556.jpg
Big ole white one is Marlene my delaware. She's a little molty in this pic so forgive her.:)
20181114_170246.jpg

If you want big, big, eggs you should get some delawares their normal range is 80ish grams with double yolkers hitting 120's sometimes.:)

View attachment 1600412 View attachment 1600413Big ole white one is Marlene my delaware. She's a little molty in this pic so forgive her.:) View attachment 1600414

Thanks I'll file that away. Black and white flock. LOL. With a Buff and NHR just for variety. My Buff didn't lay today. So one of my SLW laid an egg and so did my NHR. Pretty good. So the SLW are about 17 weeks and just started laying. In the low 30's here today so I fed them all outside this morning and just let them out again. I boiled about a pound of chicken livers. They don't like them as much as the gizzards and hearts. Good source of protein though.

Lordy, must be because mine are southern chickens but they won't touch a liver unless you fry it. :)
Just two kinds of ladies in your flock? That must be really easy! Mixed nuts here delaware, dominiques, faverolles, speckled sussex, buff brahma and that ameracauna Susan in the photo with Marlene. And iv'e got the faverolles rooster, but he's so soft iv'e pretty much just got another big hen.
Thanks I'll file that away. Black and white flock. LOL. With a Buff and NHR just for variety. My Buff didn't lay today. So one of my SLW laid an egg and so did my NHR. Pretty good. So the SLW are about 17 weeks and just started laying. In the low 30's here today so I fed them all outside this morning and just let them out again. I boiled about a pound of chicken livers. They don't like them as much as the gizzards and hearts. Good source of protein though.

Lordy, must be because mine are southern chickens but they won't touch a liver unless you fry it. :)
Just two kinds of ladies in your flock? That must be really easy! Mixed nuts here delaware, dominiques, faverolles, speckled sussex, buff brahma and that ameracauna Susan in the photo with Marlene. And iv'e got the faverolles rooster, but he's so soft iv'e pretty much just got another big hen.

Actually 3. Buff NHR and 2 SLW. And they are laying.!!!! 17 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom