How many eggs do you get weekly? What do you do with the extra eggs?

We have 3 hens (reds/whites (all pullets) and one Leghorn rooster that we bought at the Fair Auction. On a good day we get 4-5 eggs, but lately due to the Florida heat its reduced to 2-3 eggs. Last Easter we breed our Dominique Chicken (Fair Auction purchase) and got 12 babies. Coons got the parents and 4 of the hatchings overnight, but we have 6 hens/4 roosters survived. So, now that they're almost a year old the eggs should begin to stack up.

I appreciate the food bank idea. We give eggs to friends, neighbors, and family, but at peak laying its more than we can handle. Are there any special requirements in donating fresh eggs to the Food Bank?
Maybe a county run FB, but a local Women's Shelter or church FB are always so grateful here for fresh healthy eggs and veggies.

i get about 10 eggs a week and right now i have 5 dozen in the frig i am still trying to figure out what to do with.

Last edited:
All of my hens decided to molt at the same time this year. I might get half a dozen this week. There were 2 days in a row that I didn't get any, so I didn't bother checking today.

My flock is not as big as it once was, and most of my hens are older. Any extra eggs go to my parents, grandmother and in-laws. I used to also sell extras if the family was stocked up on their eggs. $2.50/dozen. I had a neighbor that usually paid me $3-5/dozen because he said they were so much better than what he bought at the store and worth every penny!

Last edited:
Right now my flock is molting so I'm only getting about 168 eggs a week (2 dozen a day) which our family can easily eat. If we have any extras (usually dirty/cracked eggs) they are shared with our dogs.

Right now my flock is molting so I'm only getting about 168 eggs a week (2 dozen a day) which our family can easily eat. If we have any extras (usually dirty/cracked eggs) they are shared with our dogs.
ep.gif
thats a lot of eggs!
oops, I just realised I used to get that much and more.....
lau.gif

ep.gif
thats a lot of eggs!
oops, I just realised I used to get that much and more.....
lau.gif

"only"???
ep.gif
Seriously???? You're killikg me! That's awesome!
In the spring I get as many as 430 a week, so I guess I'm spoiled,
lol.png
. All my birds are molting now, so I'm thankful I'm still getting a decent amount of eggs.
big_smile.png
The fermented feed really makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom