How many eggs does one peahen lay and what time frame is that?

hello i'm new at how many male and female do you keeo in a pen.

1-3 will give you the best results in my opinion. I've seen many people buy same amount of males as females put them altogether hoping they will pair off but when only one or less than half of the males are actually breeding while the rest of the males are only fighting. Peafowl don't mate in pairs or for life like raptors do instead they will breed harems like chickens.

Thanks so much, my beleif always is anything is a price of what someone wants to pay for

So eggs not being bred..aren't doing me any good just going in the trash right?

Sooooo, I guess your saying..sell them eh?
Hehehehe

not for hatching eggs, only for consumption at that point in time.

I have 6 hens all in pens with 3 cocks I averaged 42 eggs per bird last year. But I was only feeding laying mash to them all year. The earliest I got an egg last year was late February. I did maintain a 85% hatch rate last year also. So I've had very good luck with my flock!
Good to know - thanks!

What age do they start?
I'm sure you know by now but I just went through my FIRST Laying season and tho i probably didn't collect the FIRST of my peahen's eggs, I did incubate the first ones I found and those did hatch !!!
I felt like they wouldn't bc often the first from a chicken aren't fertile. My 2 hens were 2 this season, and that's not a SOLID 2 meaning she was a June 2015 hatchling herself and I got the first egg in April. Also my male (4yrs) and she had never mated that I witnessed.

Back
Top Bottom