How messy are doves and pigeons?

Nice info! The problem is, I've never had pigeons/doves before... but I did use to have chickens and 1 duck. We don't carry those birds anymore. We now have quails instead and I'm thinking of keeping doves or pigeons as well.
I think you will like them... they are much easier to care for than the chickens.

They also look really beautiful if you let them out to fly high in the air. I have white racing homers and some very beautiful fancy breeds.

I got king pigeons at first as I planned to farm them for squab meat... but I fell love with them so could not do that.... and they sparked my interest in other pigeon breeds.

I think you will like them... they are much easier to care for than the chickens.

They also look really beautiful if you let them out to fly high in the air. I have white racing homers and some very beautiful fancy breeds.

I got king pigeons at first as I planned to farm them for squab meat... but I fell love with them so could not do that.... and they sparked my interest in other pigeon breeds.
Great! We don't have chickens anymore, but we have quails. And I doubt if I'll like doves/pigeons or quails better!

True! I am an expert on birds, and I will do fine on these birds for sure!

True! I am an expert on birds, and I will do fine on these birds for sure!
I'm sure you will!
thumbsup.gif

I've only had corturnix Japanese egg and meat breed Quail, and enjoyed using doves and small pigeons as fosters, love quail guinea bantams and rest of chickens Muscovy n all mallard breeds of duck, still having Muscovy temp n may have Jap quial again later, but doves/pigeons calmest cleanest quietest etc least smelly messy dusty than all but scovy ducks industry feathers. Jap quail and doves pigeons can be kept in decent aviary in large groups of each even. I've kept both together no problem except quial lot louder dustier messier and aggressive, but pigeon ignore ones they didn't raise. Beware keeping together as quail will lay in pigeon nests and if you don't watch amount of eggs the hatching babies may over run u. Foster pigeons will vomit up food from crop after day if chicks don't get eating from crops and or feeders and pigeons will chase baby quail and try to herd up and sit on or walk around with lil legs and heads sticking out. Lol

Back
Top Bottom