How Old Before U Know Gender of Ameraucanas?

Both yours are girls. It's a hell of a time trying to sex EE's. I had a bunch of silver ones that were so hard to sex. I had a couple that I made a thread about, everyone agreed they were boys, so I was almost going to give them away but decided to wait it out. Yeah- they both ended up being girls and had no idea til they were 5 months old.

Thanks much! Well I'm relieved they're all girls!LOL Seriously, I had such doubts about it being a hen that a couple of weeks(?) later when I was at the store I went ahead and got a 3rd. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
wink.png

I am needing to know if we have two boys and two girls when we were supposed to have 4 girls. Bought In July at 2 months old. Now are approx. 5-6 months old. No crowing and no eggs from anyone yet. Thanks for any insight! - Tracy SW Fort Worth

Hello!! I am getting different opinions on this one. I will keep he or she either way but really want to know for sure!! Can I get some options please? 14-16 week old Americauna.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

I was informed my EE was a pullet when we received it. But it's been making the most funny crowing sound ever. I do believe it's a ROO now, but I've been reading up and understand now that some females can and do crow. I just want second opinions. If Independence is actually a ROO, he had a new home lined up.

Ok. I have more Easter eggers and would love some opinions.
1f604.png
They are 7 weeks old.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom