How to make misting system? (for dummies)

new 2 pfowl

Crowing
Jan 13, 2012
Dunedin, NZ
Hello you guys,
I just can't find the posts here about how to make a misting system for indoor pens. I know you did this @KsKingBee , and that it wasn't complicated, and some others have them too. Can someone let me know how you did it?
(I should say that this isn't for peas but for some rehabilitating wild birds
smile.png
)

Thank you @KsKingBee !
clap.gif

I don't want to give you more work - Now that I have an idea of when this happened, I may be able to find the info. Let me see what I can do before you spend time on this!

Not a difficult project as you have noted. Basic plumbing glued joints, I started with a garden hose fitting at the bottom so it would drain out for the winter and to keep dirt from getting in and clogging the nozzles.

I drilled the couplers and screwed the misters in without glue so they could be removed for cleaning if they get clogged, and with our high mineral water it is a distinct possibility.

I placed the misters about every three feet under a shade cover and about 30 inches above the roosts.

Sorry I don't have a pic of them in use, it didn't get hot enough to need them last year like it did the year before.

Back
Top Bottom