How to secure window open?

Great news as I might use them for these vents.
20180409_170305.jpg

What about lift-off hinges? I think I saw a coop on YouTube with these installed. You could just remove the windows panels entirely when you don’t need them. I found them in both horizontal and vertical orientations on Amazon.

I’m thinking of using them but also somewhat afraid of misplacing the windows and being SOL when a sudden storm hits.

What about lift-off hinges? I think I saw a coop on YouTube with these installed. You could just remove the windows panels entirely when you don’t need them. I found them in both horizontal and vertical orientations on Amazon.

I’m thinking of using them but also somewhat afraid of misplacing the windows and being SOL when a sudden storm hits.
Yet another good idea for some applications.

So I played with this today, good free solution for this 8 ft long window panel in gusty winds today. I hinged a scrap piece of 2x3 onto the window bottom. Then cut a "U" out of a piece of 2x4. Then broke one arm of the U off installing it lol. Predrill needed!

Drilled holes, used a spare bolt and it holds well. I'll likely make a new one, and predrill!
20180423_132438.jpg

20180423_132453.jpg

Those windows are so old that it's likely lighter than you'd think.

I used a hinge from the bottom of the window to the 2x3. Hinges so it swings down and lays flat on the exterior when the window is closed.

Actually didn't consider it swinging up as I was trying to figure a way to have several places to attach it. Have to look at that.

So many good ideas! Here are pictures of my window in case it helps any. You can see how much it is flexing from just the stick on one side. The window sill thickness is not very deep, so I am worried about how to attach the furniture support hinge. I am tempted now to just use eye hooks and chain and attach it to the side of the coop above the window?

20180424_093824.jpg

20180424_093907.jpg

Back
Top Bottom