How to sex Muscovy ducklings

Yes, please do post back! :) If you live in NH, I am not surprised she is not laying yet. I'm spoiled in the west - Everything happens earlier! I was told by a lady in Ohio that their Muscovy hens don't start until the middle of June.

Great information - thank you! I'll keep an eye on her and try to calm my anticipation :) This will be our first gal to lay so we're pretty excited. I'm going to have to pick out a special recipe to celebrate once an egg does show up!

Guess who started laying?!

Anyone care to take a guess at the sex of these ducklings? They are two months old.

Here they are a couple weeks ago:

Hello! I would say that if your cuties are both the same age, the gray one is a male and the white one is a female. (Unless the camera angle is weird, lol!) But the gray one looks much longer. You can often tell them apart by their length at this age. The boys also have much bigger feet and stockier heads...they look more manly :). I can notice his prominent gray ears, too! Hope that helps. I have had 23 hatch out this year. The first group had 2 boys to 7 girls! I could still be wrong, but that's my guess anyways!

--Marie

Back
Top Bottom