how to stop diarrhea!!!!!!!

"Do chickens pout?" YES
lau.gif
Hope your chicks stay well!!

hey everyone they still are doing it !I think I am going to pull the last few strands of gray hair(which is all of them) out of my chicken pickin head. During the day more nomal poops then when I got home from a dr apt the "s"hit the fan again!I prob need to wait a few days of no banana to see if it helps. Perhaps to soon for results?!?

Hi! My 6 day old Silkies are having runny poo too and i dont feed them the store stuff yet. I have found in the past that chicks do have diarrhea from the chick starter and it wasnt even organic just regular non medicated. I decided this time to not use it too early in their life and use their natural food, egg. Was hoping to avoid diarrhea.
I ordered my chicks from a well known hatchery in MO. They arrived July 3 this week all healthy looking and alive. I feed them boiled egg since the day they arrived, i noticed they were having runny poo on the next day at first it was bright green from the food they were traveling from, then went to yellow like egg yolk and it changes color from yellow to brown, doesnt smell though, i didnt try smelling it :s. then yesterday one of the chicks looked week. It was eating some, but not very much and slept under the heat lamp more then others. I separated it from the rest and am trying to hand feed it. Its poo is dark orangy/brown with white. I have been adding the vitamin syrup stuff for chicks. Should i take it out of their diet? I am now trying to add other food like small seeds and even crushed unsweetened cereal into their diet too so they dont eat too much egg. Am i feeding them too much egg or vitamins? The eggs are organic from our own chickens and they dont have diarrhea. Im getting really worried about the one weak Silkie :(.

Hi! My 6 day old Silkies are having runny poo too and i dont feed them the store stuff yet. I have found in the past that chicks do have diarrhea from the chick starter and it wasnt even organic just regular non medicated. I decided this time to not use it too early in their life and use their natural food, egg. Was hoping to avoid diarrhea.
I ordered my chicks from a well known hatchery in MO. They arrived July 3 this week all healthy looking and alive. I feed them boiled egg since the day they arrived, i noticed they were having runny poo on the next day at first it was bright green from the food they were traveling from, then went to yellow like egg yolk and it changes color from yellow to brown, doesnt smell though, i didnt try smelling it :s. then yesterday one of the chicks looked week. It was eating some, but not very much and slept under the heat lamp more then others. I separated it from the rest and am trying to hand feed it. Its poo is dark orangy/brown with white. I have been adding the vitamin syrup stuff for chicks. Should i take it out of their diet? I am now trying to add other food like small seeds and even crushed unsweetened cereal into their diet too so they dont eat too much egg. Am i feeding them too much egg or vitamins? The eggs are organic from our own chickens and they dont have diarrhea. Im getting really worried about the one weak Silkie :(.

An update. I stopped feeding them eggs and cut down on store vitamin stuff and put them on an organic multi grain diet from our local supermarket. The poo is back to normal.

Does anyone want any Silkie chicks? I have too many. They are all cute and i wana keep them all, but cant... They were born June 30

Back
Top Bottom