Hubbell Pigeons

I have a question, are hubbels a breed or specific strain. I believe( I’m not sure) that hubbels are Kingsley’s is this right?
Hubbells are a strain of utility king that was was created in the 1920's by GM Hubbell by crossing 3 or 4 different breeds. No one knows 100% what breeds hubbells were created with because GM Hubbell never told anyone. Gary Carpenter in California has the original line of hubbells handed down to him by his grandfather which bought them from GM Hubbells wife after he passed away. Gary Carpenter says Pure hubbells are only solid white so some where down the line another breed was crossed with them to make all these colored ones. but if you go by what Gary is saying then most of today's pigeon breeds are cross breeds. :) It makes me no difference because mine are bigger, more colorful and produce just as good as a pure solid white hubbell

Thank you for sharing. The color diversity and beauty is stunning. I hope to get colors like le that eventually. You seem like a guy who knows pigeon colors, what color is this?
5EF98C56-9B75-41BB-A96E-92F186282D70.jpeg

I know true utility specifically white king strains like Hubbells, are double muscle/meat seeing in breasts Gene, and are extremely efficient in simple keeping. The colored ones I've seen produced outside of specific strains in conditions in Tx (usually auto color sexing which isn't needed in stable lines), were smaller and less effecient unfortunatly than large racers. White utility King strains have been bred being most efficient over all as far as water, feed, breeding, rearing, meat to bone ect ratio, and health generally and longevity. I had some white racer cocks over white zittterhal fantail hens oopsie matings that oddly broduced desired effects except Young's muscles were so massive, they couldn't fly walk or feed n drink easily, being like those poor turkey or chickens barely able to waddle around.

Back
Top Bottom