Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Oh Jerseyhen I never even thought about rabies!! I would be more worried for my dogs than myself!!! Thankfully they have their shots but are due for their boosters.
As much as I hate to lose a bird, I cant bring myself to shoot a fox. Especially this time of year.iv had foxes sitting in my front yard at 10:30am once..just waiting for me to let the girls out..they are extreamly smart animals.
My silkie who survived, is continually bobing her head up and down...do you think this is from the deep neck wound? Or possible stress/shock?

I could shoot a fox, especially after all the trouble they have given me.

Maybe both the shock and the injury. She could have a head injury that you are not seeing as well. I would put her in a dark room, covered, so she can rest and hope for the best. I hope she pulls through, she was through quite an ordeal.

Ha! Cheese and peanut butter obsessions. Anyone else want to confess? Hmmmm? I have been known to horde local honey that comes up for sale around here.
(Besides peanut butter) a good bottle of cabernet, dark chocolate Milano cookies, olive oil, and the smell of basil. That is all~ (I think...)

Ugh just lost one silkie to a fox attack
sad.png
other Silkie is badly hurt..huge hole in the back of her neck..but I have her inside and cleaned her up.. the BF was outside when it happend. **** fox are getting braver!
I heard the chicke s freakin out and let the dogs out instantly. ..Coupe went running into the swamp and found my hurt silkie...the other is MIA..most likely gone
sad.png
OH Lexi I'm so sorry. How is the injured silkie doing?

Shes still kickin...just alot of head bobbin..the poor girl..when my dog got her out of the woods, she ran right for me! I picked her up and she didnt make a peep, until she saw the dogs again..then she started screaming..thats how I know if was a fox. Maybe ill make myself a really cool hat this year...a fox hat.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the chicken event yesterday. It was allot of fun to meet all the nice peeps and we have a ton of ideas of what to do to make it even better next time. This one was aimed at a pretty beginner chicken keeper, but next time I think we are join to have more for the more experienced poultry population.

Shes still kickin...just alot of head bobbin..the poor girl..when my dog got her out of the woods, she ran right for me! I picked her up and she didnt make a peep, until she saw the dogs again..then she started screaming..thats how I know if was a fox. Maybe ill make myself a really cool hat this year...a fox hat.
The poor thing. She was terrified. You should definitely make a hat out of the creep!!!
smack.gif

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who came out to the chicken event yesterday. It was allot of fun to meet all the nice peeps and we have a ton of ideas of what to do to make it even better next time. This one was aimed at a pretty beginner chicken keeper, but next time I think we are join to have more for the more experienced poultry population.
new chick.. Sorry I didn't get to meet you ! It was a great event
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom