Humidity for hatching duck eggs?

yep yup, you will need to calibrate every year as well to make sure they are running correctly still. We fired up over a month ago now, calibrated, test hatched with some chicken eggs and now rolling through the ducks again through next June.

You can set multiple thermometers around the inside as well to make sure there are no hot/cold spots.

Definately calibrate like celtic suggested. She hatches more eggs than any of us, of every conceivable fowl variety as far as I know. :D
Alright I definitely will. I have just one more question though; is there a short time period I should turn the light off to let the eggs cool down? I know in the wild the mother has to get up for a quick swim and meal every once in a while. If so, how long should it keep it off?? And should I open the lid of the incubator or something?

Last edited:
Definately calibrate like celtic suggested. She hatches more eggs than any of us, of every conceivable fowl variety as far as I know. :D
sorry never mind!!! I just saw your recent comment. You said turn off the light 15 minutes a day, and I should spray the eggs with a little water 3x a day? Since you have to turn them 3 times a day, should I just spray them right after I turn them? Sorry to keep bothering you!
hmm.png

sorry never mind!!! I just saw your recent comment. You said turn off the light 15 minutes a day, and I should spray the eggs with a little water 3x a day? Since you have to turn them 3 times a day, should I just spray them right after I turn them? Sorry to keep bothering you!
hmm.png
You are no bother. Thats when I do it! I wouldn't turn off the light. Just set them out onto a towel, but leave the incubator on.

I commenting on this so I can stay subscribed- sometimes but subscribe button doesn't really subscribe me.
This thread is really helpful. I especially love the links on calibrating the hygrometer. Other people suggested buying more than one hygrometer and checking your hygrometer against that.
th.gif

I will be hatching my first duck eggs very soon and many threads just made me nervous! This one eased my mind a bit. Thanks guys.
btw duckman, how did your hatch go?

Since I can't get my phone to copy and paste... Celtic put links to the pages that show/tell how to calibrate everything (it's one page back in this thread)

How do I get the humidity to be higher than 45%? I have a small Tupperware bowl with a sponge in my incubator. What else could I use to increase the humidity for hatching?

Back
Top Bottom