Humidity for hatching duck eggs?

I have chicken and duck eggs in the same incubator. I know I shouldn't have but didn't know ahead of time. So I will switch the chickens to a different one on day 18. But my question is what should the humidity very for then both. Right now its between 30-40 also should I still mist the duck eggs or not. I have 13 duck eggs and 7 chicken eggs. Thanks. Also I have the little giant 9300.

I have chicken and duck eggs in the same incubator. I know I shouldn't have but didn't know ahead of time. So I will switch the chickens to a different one on day 18. But my question is what should the humidity very for then both. Right now its between 30-40 also should I still mist the duck eggs or not. I have 13 duck eggs and 7 chicken eggs. Thanks. Also I have the little giant 9300.

Ducks: 35%-45%
Chickens: 45%-50%

Your humidity will probably will be a little low for the chicken eggs so I would get a new incubator asap. And yes, I always took my ducks eggs out of the incubator, sprayed them and let them sit for a half hour, then back into the incubator.

Last edited:
ducks need more humdity i thought
hmm.png

My question is how can hens successfully brood duck eggs if higher humidity is needed?
Do duck eggs absorb more moisture, as needed, from the hen's body?
This kinda 'train' of thought keeps me up at night and (if it ain't chicken related) inattentive for the rest of the day!

How do you get your incubators that high? Mine I can milk up to 63 if I put in wet sponges but it only last for a few hours

I have started using dishes of water instead of using the water pans I do two tupperware dishes with high sides so the babies can't get in them and it keeps the humidity right around 65 - 70. Works great

OK I need to hatch duck and chicken eggs at the same time how can I do this with only one incubator. I hatch my chicken eggs humidity around 30-40.but was given call duck eggs I was going to pit them in for 1 week then add chicken eggs. So duck eggs are 28 days chicken 21. I'm not sure the duck eggs are good tho the air bubble has a odd color spot like void in it but I can't get a good photo of it.

I have a Janoel 10,I have 2 temp/humidity gauges, Im keeping my temp at 99.5 and humidity between 20-25% I had it higher I started at 50-60% and started lowering it on day 5 and the air sacs still looked too small, so I kept lowering it every day Im not adding any water and I'm staying between 20-25%. Everything I read it sounds like thats WAY to low but my air sacs look about where they should be now the ducklings look good lots of movement and veins so any suggestions? Should I not worry about the humidity gauge and just go by the air sac size? I'll post pix

Back
Top Bottom