I am BEYOND angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D:<

I don't know if this is true of the neighbor but many people, myself included, say things we don't mean when upset, nervous or embarrassed. And we forget to say how sorry we are (embarassed again). Or we don't want to lose face, don't know how to say sorry, never learned- 100's of reasons. You may have to see how your neighbor behaves toward your family over the next several weeks.

And now that I have said that- REINFORCE THAT FENCE. Some dogs do not see children as "humans" but as another species. Kids move funny, talk funny, squeal and wave their arms around. This is why Dangerous Dog statutes came into being. I am totally serious about this. He's gotten over the fence once, now he knows he can do it. The next time will be easier.

Got it? Your backyard should be fortified like crazy. Those little kids should only be out there with adults like your cousin right there with them until nothing can get in the yard.

For your dog with epilepsy- this website has tons of great info. http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com/site_map.htm there's even a homemade diet than can help some dogs.

yeah, the kids are ALWAYS supervised. I'm always watching them. There are no kids that live here. They are here a lot, but there's always an adult. They got chased on a quad by two pitbulls out at their g-pa's house a few weeks ago, so we are REALLY aware of everything they do now... We can't really afford to upgrade TOO MUCH right now, but we'll do what we can...
Quote:
yeah, i think we need a taller fence... even if we come up with something that will slow the dog down, and make a lot of noise in the process, that would be good, cause someone is always here so we would hear it and be able to do something about it... My dog has only got out twice. She has seizures and gets frightened easy, and the gate was open for a sec and she tried to follow my mom and ended up running down the street, but i got her right away. And the other time she went to get in the car with us. Other than that, she's never gotten out and gotten into anything. She's a chihuahua anyway, so she wouldn't do damage...

Home Depot Has fence extenders that will do right on top of your existing fence and it is a lot more cost effective the loosing some long time pets and just cuts down on the grief ... So do you have a wooden fence or a metal fence ??
yeah, our back yard (the pen that is outside our back yard is fenced in by an electric fence...) is chain link. the one that is like around 4 1/2'? We have a HUGE back gate that is made out of the same stuff, so it would be harder to block that off...

These are the little ones that our neighbor bought us! I can hear them peeping right now, it's so sweet! (they are down stairs in the next room...)
LL

LL

LL

LL

P.S. sorry the last two pics are blurry, I was making sure they didn't jump,
taking the pic, and trying to keep my dog calm all at the same time, lol!

These are the little ones that our neighbor bought us! I can hear them peeping right now, it's so sweet! (they are down stairs in the next room...)
LL

LL

LL

LL

P.S. sorry the last two pics are blurry, I was making sure they didn't jump,
taking the pic, and trying to keep my dog calm all at the same time, lol!

The temp looks good and them chicks are so cute ........
jumpy.gif

Well with all that excitement going on then we are lucky to be getting any pictures then
clap.gif

Quote:
Thanks, i still don't think the thermometer works though, we had one that worked, and one that didn't... Tomorrow I will get another one. I'm reading the temp by the chicks. If they look comfortable and are in the middle of the brooder, i say they're fine, if they're right under the light they are cold, and if they're as far as possible away from the light, i think they're too hot... that's my system till tomorrow when we can get a new one...
roll.png
Yeah, tell me about it! I've always been able to multitask, but that was difficult! lol!

The six new pullets didn't quite know where the coop was this evening... I go out at about 8 when it started to get dark and they were trying their best to get on our roof!
ep.gif

I was on the phone and I was like "Ummmmmm....... can I give you a call back in one quick min??????? GOTTA GO!" lol, took 3 people and 20 mins to get them into the coop!
Probably going to have to do that for a couple of days... I will take pics of the new girls and the damage tomorrow.... Been a LOOOOOOOOONG day.......
th.gif

The six new pullets didn't quite know where the coop was this evening... I go out at about 8 when it started to get dark and they were trying their best to get on our roof!
ep.gif

I was on the phone and I was like "Ummmmmm....... can I give you a call back in one quick min??????? GOTTA GO!" lol, took 3 people and 20 mins to get them into the coop!
Probably going to have to do that for a couple of days... I will take pics of the new girls and the damage tomorrow.... Been a LOOOOOOOOONG day.......
th.gif

my cuz was gone at this time, lol, how convenient! lol! He always says "Not my monkeys, not my circus" but now it's "Not my chickens, not my farm" lol, he's so weird sometimes! He's just still upset about everything this morning. I can tell it kinda ruined his whole day... He uses jokes/sarcasm as his way of dealing with stuff.....

The new additions are doing well today! Got one egg so far! Going to be getting quail soon too. Been planning on it for a while...

Our neighbors are going to pay for our new chickens tonight. It doesn't make up for our losses, but it's helpful.

Quote:
Thanks, i still don't think the thermometer works though, we had one that worked, and one that didn't... Tomorrow I will get another one. I'm reading the temp by the chicks. If they look comfortable and are in the middle of the brooder, i say they're fine, if they're right under the light they are cold, and if they're as far as possible away from the light, i think they're too hot... that's my system till tomorrow when we can get a new one...
roll.png
Yeah, tell me about it! I've always been able to multitask, but that was difficult! lol!

Well that is the best way to do it and for the most part the way I check how comfortable they are
jumpy.gif

Good to be reading your neighbors are taking some kind of financial responsibility for the carnage better then most people do
yesss.gif

Quote:
roll.png

Well that is the best way to do it and for the most part the way I check how comfortable they are
jumpy.gif

Good to be reading your neighbors are taking some kind of financial responsibility for the carnage better then most people do
yesss.gif

yep, i was mad till i saw the little fuzzy butts! I just melted! I was like
somad.gif
-
hmm.png
-
smile.png
-
love.gif
lol

Back
Top Bottom