I am finally going to learn to drive

Maybe one of these days I'll get an actual lesson instead of driving around with my mother. Father refuses to pay for lessons though, and I don't have a job (which he always complains about) so I might just restrict it to one or two lessons later to check that I'm doing everything right when it comes to laws etc.

I didn't get my driver's license until I was 25. Why? Because I was taught to drive by relatives. My mother would scream and my husband would sit in the passenger's side and wince. When I would look to see what he was wincing about I would almost hit something. Between the two of them they made me so nervous behind the wheel it is a minor miracle I EVER got the courage to pass the driver's test to get a license.

My mother is an easygoing person, so it's been pretty good so far. She says I have my father's driving genes (he was taught by a coworker and drives better than my formally instructed mother). I hope it doesn't take me til I'm 25 to pass my test!

$45 for lessons?! Nice! Everything I've seen round here is over $100 for ninety minutes. It cost me almost $100 just to do a theory test and apply for my learners. everything is expensive in Australia...

I haven't been driving outside of town yet. I'm slightly worried about driving at 100+ on the highways. :p

Back
Top Bottom