I Built A Bridge!

Hi Friends.
Been busy here with the start of school. Days are getting shorter it seems. Earlier to rise, earlier to bed.

Coop progress is coming along, though DH is back to work this week so only evenings and weekends for working on the coop. I started a thread for it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1014693/new-coop-progress-updates-and-pics#post_15747627

Everyone in the flock is doing well. Curly Sue's bumble foot is healing well after surgery. Wanda brought the littlest littles to the big coop and has moved in. I think the final count is 4 cockerels and 3 pullets. The one cockerel that has been crowing since 3 weeks really is full of himself. He challenges the hens!!

I am having a hard time not falling in love with all the little roosters. I know I want to keep one to take care of the flock, but which one? There is Willie Two, who reminds me of Willie, but looks much more like Blackbeard. His comb is almost nonexistent. There is a red EE who is clearly one of Cielo's babies. He will be handsome, I am sure… but Cielo was an entirely different kind of mean. I don't think I want to roll that dice. Then there is this buff-ish little roo. Nothing spectacular about him. He has a pea comb, but is not colorful or showy. I think he is bearded. He is SO stink in' nice! He lets me pet him and just wants to hang around me. I can't help but love him! I named him… probably a bad idea… but he will now be known as Marshall.

Pics to follow…
Cant wait to see the little stinkers!
Marie

This is about as good as it gets Those little buggers move fast!!
See the pretty little pullet in there? With the black head? I think we will call her Penny.

Front and center, Marshall. Then the EE cockerel with Penny moving around in back.

The three amigos. Pretty Penny in back. She may be and olive egger!!

And Willie Two. Always running, that one. Low man on the pecking order!

Last edited:
Hey there MM as your days are getting shorter, ours are getting longer. Instead of going to bed at 5pm, the girls are now closer to 05:45 and come full summer, it will be 7pm ish.

Wow .. the coop is coming along nicely; looks good!

Good luck with deciding which of your boys to keep .. tough decision I am sure
sad.png
they are gorgeous!

Just popped in to share some pics … I heard a tapping on the glass when I was in the kitchen, Chimee and Syba heard it also
wink.png

"Come inside and play!"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom