I Built A Bridge!

@16 paws When you sent your girl away for necropsy did you just put her into a box and ship her off? I know there is a form to fill out but the PDF file they provide is not at all specific re. how to pack them. If you can get back to me ASAP I would really appreciate it. Thanks

hugs.gif

TG Again, I am struggling for words
hugs.gif

How awful/devastating for you. Any chances they can put a rush on the necropsy?

CrazyChickLady7
Thank you!
The bridge does not look so good two years on. The Sun and rain have faded it and it no longer has a stain so to speak, just a chicken poop stain
wink.png

@16 paws When you sent your girl away for necropsy did you just put her into a box and ship her off? I know there is a form to fill out but the PDF file they provide is not at all specific re. how to pack them. If you can get back to me ASAP I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Sorry, I just got home and read your post or I would of answered sooner.

I wrapped her in a plastic bag and then put her in a box with ice. I was later told to never do ice, you put in dry ice. So lesson learned there.

Yes you fill out the release form on their website or they cannot look at her. Just put the release in the box.
I will try and see if I can find the release.
Marie

Last edited:
Email ______________________________________ Email _________________________________________________ □ fax, □ email, or □ mail □ Add’l Copy to ________________________________________ Reference #__________________________ Date sample(s) taken____________ Date shipped _________________ □ Cattle □ Turkey □ Horse □ Chicken □ Swine □ Psittacine ___________ □ Sheep □ Goat □ Rabbit □ Plant or Feed □ Other ____________ Movement Sample ____________________________ (Specify test methods below) Destination / Date of movement Location of Animal(s) ____________________________ (county, state) Project/Trial □ CAHFS contact ______________________ Production Class ________________________ (i.e. beef, dairy, calf ranch, etc.) #in group/hse #in herd/flk #sick #died History (clinical signs, nutrition, housing, vaccination, treatment, production level, etc. Use next page if more space is needed.): Duration of Illness ___________ Date of death: _____________ Euth? Yes □ No □ Insured? Yes □ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________________________ (continue on next page if necessary) Disease(s) or condition(s) suspected: Animal/Specimen Information (continue on back) Animal ID/Name Breed Sex (F/M) Age Qty Specimen Type Test(s) Requested CAHFS, Davis University of California, Davis 620 W. Health Sciences Dr Davis, CA 95616 General Info: (530) 752-8700 FAX (530) 752-6253 CAHFS, Turlock University of California, Davis 1550 N. Soderquist Turlock, CA 95381 General Info: (209) 634–5837 FAX (209) 667–4261 CAHFS, Tulare University of California, Davis 18830 Road 112 Tulare, CA 93274 General Info: (559) 688-7543 FAX (559) 686-4231 CAHFS, San Bernardino University of California, Davis 105 West Central Avenue San Bernardino, CA 92408 General Info: (909) 383-4287

Thanks Marie! I sent her off yesterday afternoon. I only had two sort of wimpy ice paks so ended up sending her overnight. It is really important to me to have answers so that I can know what to do to keep it from happening again.

I have lost 5 total so far. I have a 6th girl who is also sick but she doesn't have the same symptoms I have her isolated but am not hopeful. I will send her off too when/if she passes. I have never lost adult birds in my 3 years of chicken keeping. sigh

Back
Top Bottom