I dont know what im doing wrong

Thank U for the info.. I didnt even think of bacteria.... So I just checked the bator and no pipping yet... but I did tap on the window and saw some eggs shaking... It makes me feel better when I know their alive... I get so excited and I end up checking hourly... I hope this time its a success....

Thank you Thank you Thank you

I can't take credit for this trick. When I had the drying problem with the chicks unable to hatch completely I googled it. This is one of the pages I found: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/61098/question-about-using-sponges-to-get-humidity-up
celebrate.gif
This forum has really helped me!

Does your incubator and a fan inside? I have heard this helps, but I don't have a fan in mine, yet.

I am happy you had a few hatch! I wish you more luck in the future and look forward to seeing pictures.

To calibrate hygrometer put salt in a large mouth bottle cap like milk jug. Add enough drops of water to make it a stiff paste, like wet sand. Place your hygrometer and salt cap in a zip lock bag. Wait at least 4 hours and up to 8 and read your humidity in bag. It should read 75% exactly. However far off your reading is is your calibration. Write it on the hygrometer so you don't forget it. Say yours reads 70% then write +5 on a piece of tape so you know to add 5% to your readings to be accurate.

Does your incubator and a fan inside? I have heard this helps, but I don't have a fan in mine, yet.

I am happy you had a few hatch! I wish you more luck in the future and look forward to seeing pictures.

No I dont have a fan inside mine either... How funny I woke up today and one hatched in my egg turner... instead of the other incubator.. for some reason that egg slot in my turner wasnt marked and I didnt realize it... So i guess that means they still hatch even if you dont take them out.... So now I have 7 that are alive.. WOOHOO

To calibrate hygrometer put salt in a large mouth bottle cap like milk jug. Add enough drops of water to make it a stiff paste, like wet sand. Place your hygrometer and salt cap in a zip lock bag. Wait at least 4 hours and up to 8 and read your humidity in bag. It should read 75% exactly. However far off your reading is is your calibration. Write it on the hygrometer so you don't forget it. Say yours reads 70% then write +5 on a piece of tape so you know to add 5% to your readings to be accurate.

Wow this is cool information... How did u know this? I will do this thank you so much.....

With my duck eggs, I don't move them to 'lockdown' until they have internally pipped. I candle them a couple times during the day looking for the internal pip. Once I identify them as internally pipped, each one gets a small (1-2mm) hole drilled into the air cell area to ensure they have all the oxygen they need to complete the hatching process.

Back
Top Bottom