I dont know what im doing wrong

So what I've been doing that has made a huge difference is right when I take them out of on incubator to place them into the other one, I

make a small hole in the air sac at the top of each egg.... This not only helps them get air but also helps me see it they are even alive and moving....
yesss.gif
.. All the eggs I have did this to have hatched and are still alive....

That would allow more moisture to escape from the egg, thus drying it out. I still believe your humidity is too high.

Yes I have noticed it drying the sac out inside alittle but it seems like its easier for them to break through it because they are hatching and are still alive now... My humidity is at 55-65% and put the temp at 99 instead of 98.. I have 5 starting to hatch this morning... All 10 that hatched in the last few days are still alive and growning... Yesterday one hatched like in a half an hour after pipping and then another in 2hrs... it was quick compaired to the ones that died, they took days after pipping and then died.

Again people I am new to this incubating process... I just want them all to live and nothing was working until now... I dont know if I am doing it the right way but again it is working....

I was about to give up and was sad and frustrated, but now Im happy playing with all my new ducklings.....

Most people who are having trouble with their hatch rate have absolutely no clue as to their actual humidity and incubator temperature. Until a person gets a grip on both of these they will not have good luck if they have any luck at all.

Back
Top Bottom